Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Thank you VETS

Default Thank you VETS

We all stand in saluting our brave men and women whose service is unquestioned and appreciated. We are a better country for what you have brought back from your service and the contributions you make each day not only as a soldier but now as civilians....we owe you one.

i second that. attended the st. clair shores parade today in honor of our vets and to see my daughter "dancin' in the streets"

Active and non active duty members of our armed forces get lots of perks: health care; education; a monthly check; easier access to employment in law enforcement and security work [[service in the military looks good on an ap and resume) and first and foremost, in my book, service members get lots of props in my book for killing religious fanatics who plot to kill and maim humans who are MUCH more enlightened and precious.....

L.O.L spend a year in a hell hole called a war zone and you"ll see that those perks were well earned. By the way not all Vets get a monthly check and easier access to employment. Thanks Gibran for the thread, you are a hero!

terryh, what an ignorant and childish post. Your lack of comprehension of the shallowness of your post is only exceeded its vapid content.

Terryh once again clearly illustrates why NO ONE HERE gives a shit about what he posts.

Fuck you dude, and the horse you rode in on. I'll be glad to show you "some of those government benefits" in person if you ever decide to show up at one of these forum events.....

People like you disgust me.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    terryh, what an ignorant and childish post. Your lack of comprehension of the shallowness of your post is only exceeded its vapid content.
    Im basing what I wrote on what active and non active duty friends and co-workers have shared with me.....
    Shibbipity boppity bo bo

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthRes View Post
    Terryh once again clearly illustrates why NO ONE HERE gives a shit about what he posts.

Fuck you dude, and the horse you rode in on. I'll be glad to show you "some of those government benefits" in person if you ever decide to show up at one of these forum events.....

People like you disgust me.
    Again based on what military friends have shared with me they are happy with the compensation and benefits..... and they get to travel!

Final point on the subject, I was just trying to convey that Vets deserve the best...Im clearly not mature educated and enlightened enough to figure out how to make our Veterans citizenship in the USof A less stressful and complicated...just saying it should be. There are organizations that advocate for Veterans....

A photo of H.L. taken before he went to fight in World War II. On top of the picture is his Purple Heart medal.

This is a story about a family in Kentucky who lost two members in WWI. Aside from reciving a purple heart, the family never knew the circumstances or any other details of the death one of the family members until very recently. It is a story about one vet being remembered.

"Belgian woman solves mystery of World War II soldier from Harlan County"
    http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20105300376

Dominique Van de Straete and the grave she adopted. </SPAN>

</SPAN>