Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Starvng Marvins in Detroit

I was wondering if anyone living near Michigan and Livernois knew why someone is building a forth Starving Marvins mens club within a couple of miles of each other? It is also strange that all of this construction occurs after the City Council has changed the laws regarding topless bars.

Actually, I've had a hard time believing they're even a legit business.

Someone's been consistently posting craigslist ads for strippers under a business named Starvin Marvin's at a non-existant location in the Davison/Conant area, and other craigslist job searchers have called them out on their bullshit several times.
    Last edited by 313WX; May-28-10 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Actually, I've had a hard time believing they're even a legit business.

Someone's been consistently posting craigslist ads for strippers under a business named Starvin Marvin's at a non-existant location in the Davison/Conant area, and other craigslist job searchers have called them out on their bullshit several times.
    Umm, there's a Starvin' Marvins on Conant, south of Davison. At least there's a big building with parking and a huge sign saying "Starvin' Marvins." Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Umm, there's a Starvin' Marvins on Conant, south of Davison. At least there's a big building with parking and a huge sign saying "Starvin' Marvins." Just sayin'.
    Hmm, I looked up the address they provided on the ads on Google Maps and didn't find anything.

I do know there's some type of bar there [[a purple building that with the words "adult playground" on it, but ghe actual sign says HR Lounge), but I definitely didn't see the huge Starvin' Marvins sign. So either Google's pics are outdated or they gave the wrong address.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Hmm, I looked up the address they provided on the ads on Google Maps and didn't find anything.

I do know there's some type of bar there [[a purple building that with the words "adult playground" on it, but ghe actual sign says HR Lounge), but I definitely didn't see the huge Starvin' Marvins sign. So either Google's pics are outdated or they gave the wrong address.
    I think it used to say HR Lounge, but now it says Starvin' Marvins.

Google's pics can easily be 4-5 years old in some places.

Marvin just seems to be buying a lot of the existing strip clubs in the area.

I've spoken with the family that owns the Starvin Marvin chain. Given the nature of the business, it is ironic that the family is conservative. Either way, they are raking in the dough! Some parts of the business isn't entirely legit, but they are smart and know what to do.

-Tahleel

More power to them, they probably pay quite a few tax dollars to the city.

I wondered that when my girlfriend pointed out the fact there were 3 Starvin Marvins in a row. Hadn't been down Michigan Ave much this year.

I finally figured out the name of the place I used to go all the time. South side of Michigan at Schaefer. Used to be called the Booby Trap, now called BTs Executive Lounge. They owned another one somewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    I've spoken with the family that owns the Starvin Marvin chain. Given the nature of the business, it is ironic that the family is conservative.
    Republicans like strip clubs and general exploitation just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by karl jr. View Post
    More power to them, they probably pay quite a few tax dollars to the city.
    Yeah, they give the ho's a place to work too.

Is this the same family that owned the Starvin' Marvins that used to be on Fort Street in Southgate in the 70's ?

Wasn't there a Booby Trap on Eight Mile in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by 9936Sussex View Post
    Wasn't there a Booby Trap on Eight Mile in Detroit?
    Still is. 8 Mile and John R.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Yeah, they give the ho's a place to work too.
    What about the men who solicit from the dancers/servers/whatever? What do you call them?

Theres one on Plymouth Road and Southfield as well. I've heard some things about the owner that aren't very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    What about the men who solicit from the dancers/servers/whatever? What do you call them?
    They're called "gentlemen." After all, aren't the clubs called "gentlemen's clubs"?

I'd say you could call them Johns.

And for those who [[rightfully) don't trust blind links:

Last Updated: June 26. 2010 1:00AM
    One killed, two wounded inside Detroit strip club
    The Detroit News

Detroit -- One person was killed and two others wounded early Friday morning in shootings inside a strip club in southwest Detroit, police said Saturday.

The fracas started when two people engaged in an argument inside the Starvin Marvin Platinum Club on Michigan Avenue between Cicott and Clippert, said police.

One patron shot another patron, who later died. The suspect attempted to leave the club when he was shot by a patron carrying a concealed weapon, according to John Roach, spokesman for the Detroit Police Department.

The man with the CCW also hit another patron, said Roach.

Roach said the suspect involved in the initial altercation and the patron with the CCW are both in custody.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100626/...#ixzz0s3LtyRA0

Support Ho's

That is so messed up. The National Organization for Women used to say that men should stop treating women like sex objects. Well, where are they?

Tax dollars? For what? Strippers? Nope, call it like it is.

I'm not paying no dollars to see somebody's wife or daughter. It's bad all the way around for the community.

Quote: "What about the men who solicit from the dancers/servers/whatever? What do you call them?"

Drunk?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast