Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kilpatrick can't afford lawyer for appeal

This thread and more were inspired by an article found at:
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...yer-for-appeal

What kind of parents does this guy have? I mean, both of them have money. Why neither one will help him out with a lawyer? One parent is a Congresswoman. Surely this woman has connections to help get her son some representation in court. The poor guy is just out there hanging by a string. If there was ever a travesty of justice done to this man then this is it!

Rel, can't you spare something to help this man get a lawyer?

Too funny. No money for a lawyer, but Mama K claimed to have paid for the private jet to get the loser to Texas when he got out of jail.

www.friendsofkwame.com

^^^if you feel generous.

www.enemiesofkwame.com <-- if you don't

He still owes earlier attorneys money. They've already assumed they'll never see it.

Anyone wanting to add updated facts to his Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kilpatrick

J. Algonquin Calhoun is about to be resurrected. If you don't know who J. Algonquin Calhoun is, you're far too young.

CheekyMama will bail BabyKwam'e out of all his twubbles.

Its all a ploy. If He had lawyer money right away that would be pointed at as money he should have spent on restitution .... again, he is creating .....something, another mess and "poor me" bid.....

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    Its all a ploy. If He had lawyer money right away that would be pointed at as money he should have spent on restitution .... again, he is creating .....something, another mess and "poor me" bid.....
    I agree, he has to continue this facade of being broke. But I don't believe his other lawyers haven't been paid. Not after it was revealed that he burned through 700k last year, those "unpaid" lawyers would have dumped him if he was doing that and not giving them anything. Maybe HE is not paying them, but someone definitely has been. Same for the old guy working for Beatty, someone is paying his bill too.

He should ask Carlita to increase his allowance since she handles all the family business.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I agree, he has to continue this facade of being broke. But I don't believe his other lawyers haven't been paid. Not after it was revealed that he burned through 700k last year, those "unpaid" lawyers would have dumped him if he was doing that and not giving them anything. Maybe HE is not paying them, but someone definitely has been. Same for the old guy working for Beatty, someone is paying his bill too.

Well he did just get fired so he probably doesn't have any money at this time.

Oh, darn!

Now, let's move on...

Kwame has a kind of reverse Midas touch when it comes to attorneys. He leaves behind a trail of broken disrupted careers, expensive bar grievance battles and unpaid bills. I suggest his appellate attorney get their payment upfront from whatever source and stock up on the excedrin.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Well he did just get fired so he probably doesn't have any money at this time.
    But the K clan does. Don't let them snow any of you. The money's there.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    He should ask Carlita to increase his allowance since she handles all the family business.
    Oh, he can't possibly do that...he doesn't "know" who pays the bills. He said that in court, UNDER OATH, surely you remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    But the K clan does. Don't let them snow any of you. The money's there.
    The Kilpatricks are the masters of the proverbial shell game.

Just reading that Kilpatrick can't afford an attorney gets me to think of 2Pac's rap "Good Life." That rap would fit Kwame to a "T"

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    J. Algonquin Calhoun is about to be resurrected. If you don't know who J. Algonquin Calhoun is, you're far too young.
    Ray, it's Algonquin J. Calhoun

he has no chance in the appeal, he wants, again, to be protrayed as the poor victim. I am curious how his lawyers got paid. I find the new job Swartz has to be interesting. Does anybody have any info on the company in Southfield he is working for. Wonder if there is a connection
    Last edited by kenp; May-28-10 at 10:39 AM.

Too bad Kwame doesn't know anyone with a law degree, a shitload of free time for the next year or so, and access to something like a prison law library.

Found this press release regarding Schwartz' new job:

Attorney Michael Schwartz is Appointed General Counsel of Worldwide Religious Network 'The Word Network'

DETROIT, May 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Attorney Michael Schwartz, has been appointed as General Counsel to one of the largest religious broadcast networks in the nation, "The Word Network".

Based in Southfield, Michigan "The Word Network" has established itself as a mainstream media broadcaster for African American ministries and gospel music. The Word Network reaches 75 million homes in the U.S. alone through DirecTV, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Cox, Cablevision, Charter, and a host of other cable operators and another 9 million homes on Sky TV in the U.K. In addition "The Word Network" is available in over 200 countries reaching millions of people in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and the Americas. Programming from "The Word Network" is also provided to one million men and women serving in the United States Armed Forces in over 65 countries through the American Forces Network. The broad expanse of "The Word Network" has a total reach of 3 billion people across the globe.

"The Word Network" has experienced constant growth since the inception. "To foster the continuance of progress and stay on task it takes an accomplished and knowledgeable organization, it is my belief that Attorney Michael Schwartz is a valuable addition to the 'The Word Network's' executive management team," states Kevin Adell, CEO.
    This is a link to the Assumed Names paper filed with the State of Michigan

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp...8\00000767.tif

Kwame has been on the public dime for years. Why should it stop now?
    This guy is like a leech you just can't get rid of.
    Let's hope Worthy or the feds can recover some of the dough that has been stashed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Found this press release regarding Schwartz' new job:
    Attorney Michael Schwartz is Appointed General Counsel of Worldwide Religious Network 'The Word Network'

DETROIT, May 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Attorney Michael Schwartz, has been appointed as General Counsel to one of the largest religious broadcast networks in the nation, "The Word Network".

Based in Southfield, Michigan "The Word Network" has established itself as a mainstream media broadcaster for African American ministries and gospel music. The Word Network reaches 75 million homes in the U.S. alone through DirecTV, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Cox, Cablevision, Charter, and a host of other cable operators and another 9 million homes on Sky TV in the U.K. In addition "The Word Network" is available in over 200 countries reaching millions of people in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and the Americas. Programming from "The Word Network" is also provided to one million men and women serving in the United States Armed Forces in over 65 countries through the American Forces Network. The broad expanse of "The Word Network" has a total reach of 3 billion people across the globe.

"The Word Network" has experienced constant growth since the inception. "To foster the continuance of progress and stay on task it takes an accomplished and knowledgeable organization, it is my belief that Attorney Michael Schwartz is a valuable addition to the 'The Word Network's' executive management team," states Kevin Adell, CEO.
    This is a link to the Assumed Names paper filed with the State of Michigan

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp...8\00000767.tif
    OMG, this is a real hoot. Not making fun of either Schwartz or the Word Network, but really Schwartz defending a "Jimmy Swaggert" organization. Really I don't mean to make fun but Schwartz still thinks Kwame was put in prison because he had an affair.

There is a certain deep irony to Kwhyme losing his last hope of representation to a church...even if it is Reverend Charles Ellis' teevee ministry out of the Greater Grace Temple.

That IS the guy, right?

If I remember correctly, he is one of the five or six large-church pastors who earned a spot on the short list of further investigation at some point in my past analysis of the whole situation.

Funny thing, it is now impossible to find a particular reference to another of those questionable pastors, Wendell Anthony. I went looking for his wife's father...a few years ago when I researched it, there was clear reference to her being the daughter of one of his best friends.

Now? Zilch.

Makes my conspiracy antennae leap to attention...but Anthony was most certainly on the short list of tainted pastors due his involvement out at the Thug [[McNamara) Terminal out at Metro Airport...where he was given access to own and run a few of those extraordinarily profitable businesses.

That seemed a nice way to pass some of the corruption around, and the Detroit News had an old article that proved McNamara sought out these large church pastors through the access 'granted' through the Cheeks/Kilpatrick clan. The deals were the focus of the article...but their on-line archives don't go that far back any longer.

Must go to the library...again. Sigh.

But yeah, Kwhyme losing his last attorney to one of them is most certainly curious...and possibly telling.

It could be the way the McNamara/Cheeks/Kilpatrick regime is actually PAYING the guy for the work he did trying to keep Kwhyme's considerable ass out of the slammer.

I'd love to see the records of the land purchases where those large churches were built during the Kwamster's reign...I'd bet there is some curious ties to County and City properties being favorably sold or nearly given to these groups in exchange for loyalty until the end.

There are all sorts of articles that in retrospect are completely damning...back before all this excrement hit the fan. I'd say a decent reviewing of all the endorsements during elections over the past thirty or forty years might lead to some fun six-degrees game playing, too.

Cheers, thanks for playing along.
    Last edited by Gannon; May-28-10 at 09:53 PM.

Gannon, you connect a lot of dots in those paragraphs. I had forgotten about the Wendell Anthony/MacNamara connection. This mess, which really has its orgins in the MacNamara era, will never get completely untangled.

I know that what Stefani did was questionable, but had he not done it, it's quite possible Kwame would have been mayor for decades.

Thanks for that history lesson.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast