Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    MrSam Guest

Default So A Murderer of 3 Receives Probation But Kwame Receives Prison for Cheating on His

So a MURDERER of 3 receives probation but the ex mayor receives 1.5 to 5 years in prison for cheating on his wife and a recoup-able debtors crime. Whats wrong with this picture? At least the ex mayor was making a mends by paying something. "SMDH" That loser took 3 lives that he can NEVER PAY BACK!

This is 2010 not 1910, and if this doesn't show how racist the michigan judicial system is toward people of color what will? I expect hate from the dark hearted, insane and the illogical but, all the good hearted people should be up in arms over this BS. That murderer and loser killed 3 innocent human beings. He would rot under the prison, if I was judge. DaM N right the victims family should be mad! That blind judge should be recalled!
    Last edited by MrSam; May-27-10 at 05:35 AM.

Just so you understand, Kwame got jail time for lying under oath not for being unfaithful to his wife. He got jail time for lying about his finances repeatedly under oath.

No one cares about him screwing around on his old lady, but the legal system simply cannot work if it allows lying at any point in the process. As a result Mr. Kilpatrick was made an example of.

Bah. "At least the ex-mayor was making mends by paying something" is setting the bar low don't you think? The standard should be paying all that he agreed and was mandated to pay-- anything less is just a cop-out and you know it.

Kwame lied knowing the consequences. I'm having trouble feeling worry for him when the consequences were so clearly laid out for him. Should his defense have been, 'sorry your honor, i know that I lied to the court, but in the interest of racial equity I escape a known and well-stated consequence for my actions.'

I'm not so sure I would call this a racist incident. Both were crimes. Both should be punished. I would rather not compare the two cases just because they are really two distinct crimes. Sure, I can draw parallels between the two crimes but I can also draw just as many separations between the two. It's an imperfect system and I'm not so sure I have the wisdom of Solomon to solve this. Again, both were wrong and both should be punished.

Where is the link to the story on the murderer of 3?

I'm not upset that Kwame went to jail, I'm upset he prolonged the obvious. When other public officials were caught redhanded they fessed up, paid the their dues, and faded out of the public eye. Kwame, on the otherhand tried to con the system, and failed. The classic case of "I fought the Law, and the Law won".

If that teenager is a narcissistic sociopath as kilpatrick is he at some point will end up in jail. When individuals break laws there should be consequences. Bottom line. Kilpatrick was on probation and had every opportunity to take care of business.

Remember, Kwame agreed to the terms of his probation. He then proceeded to ignore those same terms.

BTW - the kid was not accused of murder, but negligent homicide and manslaughter with a motor vehicle.

"Judge Peter Maceroni ruled James LaCoursiere, 19, of Chesterfield Township will serve three years' probation after pleading no contest in April to three counts of negligent homicide. Under the agreement, Macomb County prosecutors dropped three counts of manslaughter with a motor vehicle, a 15-year felony."

MrSam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Just so you understand, Kwame got jail time for lying under oath not for being unfaithful to his wife. He got jail time for lying about his finances repeatedly under oath.

No one cares about him screwing around on his old lady, but the legal system simply cannot work if it allows lying at any point in the process. As a result Mr. Kilpatrick was made an example of.
    Rationalize it anyway you like, 3 people died. It was a fatal crime, the ex mayor was not. Where's the lynching from the racist Detroit media for this case? That murderer should be in jail for a minimal of 10 years per life he took. At most the ex mayor should of received 60 days and wage garnishments. If you wanted to see if the ex mayor went to jail wait until the fed case, but until then the state of Michigan shouldn't be wasting tax payers dollars on this foolishness. I'm not a fan of Kwame either but I'm wise enough to know that the city of Detroit will NEVER get its restitution back now once he gets out, because of some racist petty judge.

These judges and prosecutors shouldn't be so thin skin and be able to use their personal vendettas, political ambition for re-election or higher office in cases. Also this is why Michigan is called the Mississippi of the north for its racist, illogical, counter intuitive laws, and divisive games these backwards state officials use to get elected. This is why metro Detroiters are leaving Michigan in droves.

Sam,

Just to help you out, The Felon, is now in prison because he failed at everything.

Being a Mayor: F
    Husband: F
    Father: F
    Probationer: F
    Employee: F

He even Failed at being a liar. He is a failure. A failure by his own hand. A self-induced destruction. Immolation fueled by a whoosh of egoism. A jerrycan of 97 octane self-importance. Racing fuel.

Now, dear Sam, you use the broken bodies of three children to justify the actions of a Failure. You draw comparisons and wrap your brain with the splintered bones, the crushed hearts, the smashed skulls of children to advance your own self-delusion. You use the shaking grief of families to disguise your motives.

Vile is too nice of word to describe you.

So, is this Riddle or one of the Kwame' family whiners?

This thread has got to be some kind of joke.

Comparing those 2 cases is like apples and oragnes. What happened to those young people is a crime of sorts, but there is a huge difference between a kid in a car doing the stupid things in cars that kids will do. I do think the young man should have served some sort of sentence, to make sure he understands the severity of what he did. But judging from the way he looked in court, he will be punished for the rest of his life over having accidentally killed his friends. Kwame willfully and knowingly broke the law, stole from the his city, lied under oath, etc, etc, etc,etc, etc. Kwame has never shown any real remorse or taken responsiblity for any of actions. What happed to him is always someone elses fault. Mr Sam is way off base. Gnome said it best. And it is quite clear who the real racist is.

EXACTLY. But many do not want to understand. KK being a victim fits their mind set and serves - well "served" him very well too. Now that train is out of track.

Here's the mind game:
    Kilpatrick wants to KEEP BEFORE THE PUBLICS EYE the distorted idea that he was unjustly charged for "simply" cheating on his wife. That's precisely WHY he referenced the affair AGAIN in his plea before Groner. And for his supporters it's a crystal clear open and shut case or him being rail-roaded.

However it's very easy and takes little effort to take a fast trip down memory and "fact" lane to see the full content of the charges:

Worthy brought a 12-count criminal indictment [[link to the legal official indictment PDF file) which states nothing about charges for the affair itself – 15 felony charges in all [[eight against Mayor Kilpatrick. Those charges including: perjury, obstruction of justice, misconduct in office, perjury in a court proceeding, perjury other than a court proceeding and conspiracy.

He only received two of the many felonies for which he was indicted for which he got a probation deal for restitution. That he agreed too!!! See below were Kilpatrick stated what he did in his statement for the plea:

“I lied under oath in the case of Gary Brown in a civil deposition regarding information of claims I mislead and impeded justice. I also lied under oath at a civil deposition on Oct. 11, 2004 in the Harold Nelthrope lawsuit,” Kwame Kilpatrick

As I've said before there are advantages to the previliged, thus had have made an effort to pay at the first part of probation he may have been able to carve out a deal to reduce the later payments. He'd been given some many breaks... but got heady with the idea of not being guilty of any thing serious in the first place.

We see Ms. Beatty is moving on with her life, relocated and got out of dodge, is paying her restitution [[of which she had far less than he), not blatantly violating the terms of her probation and is not going to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-10 at 08:14 AM.

To me, this case is about political corruption and violation of the public trust by an elected official which should be one of the highest crimes in the country and should be treated harshly.

What a pathetic thread. When I heard the kid got out of jail time for what he did pissed me off. But how does this compare to KK? Mr Sam is obvioulsy is a bag man for KK. One of his so called supporters who hangs around pops up with comments like this. Who can possibly support KK after all of this. And to use this as a race issue is disgusting. KK doesnt care about anyone but himself including his own race.

Yes, and many have forgotten that before it was leaked to him that the text messages were out that verified what he was hiding corruption including the power brokering over city-paid employees at he and Beatties "whim", he was about to use all means and city finances to fight the case in court! It was always about him and using the cities resources like a personal cash machine like the crooks over at DPS. Others are of the same mind set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    To me, this case is about political corruption and violation of the public trust by an elected official which should be one of the highest crimes in the country and should be treated harshly.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-10 at 08:58 AM.

" ... how racist the michigan judicial system is toward people of color ..."

I have a bad feeling about this thread. Fellow forumers, please step away from the keyboard and do not engage MrSam in this discussion.

Exactly. And he got into the mindset of ignoring it and lying even more, because his "cabala" of friends, family and legal team kept shining a bright "neon" before his eyes that "YOU'VE DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!" or the alternate blinking sign "EVERYBODY DOES IT!" [[the perfect justification for all). Therefore, he acted from that perspective of justification. See it's one thing to love a family member withstanding a crime they committed but when you go in full-out justification mode things take a worse turn than the consequences of the original offense. Exhibit A. The Kwame Kilpatrick situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Remember, Kwame agreed to the terms of his probation. He then proceeded to ignore those same terms.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-10 at 09:00 AM.

Yeah I hear that. The main racism in the D is being done to people of color by "people of color"... in high and low places! The facts are unarguable that this was not 100% about race or even liking or disliking the mayor. Nearly all of my family were avid Kilpatrick supporters in the beginning.

And afterall, alot of white people hooked him up even thru the end [[if for no other reason than to save their own butts). And he still jacked that up... I'm done...... Let those with ears hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post

I have a bad feeling about this thread. Fellow forumers, please step away from the keyboard and do not engage MrSam in this discussion.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-10 at 09:03 AM.

Retroit Guest

I agree with MrSam. The punishment for LaCoursiere was too lenient. I don't know about MrSam's allegations of racism. I presume the three killed were African-American?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...-three-friends

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post

the thing is I agree with MrSam on the quoted sentence above... However i don’t think either of these cases illustrate how racist the Judicial system is and I dont believe either of them was based of race whatsoever. Its impossible to compare these 2 cases to make a case that the black man went to jail but once again the white man got off..

we would need to make the crimes and situations parallel in order to do that, which in these cases obviously cannot be done

MrSam Guest

I see the TRUTH HURTS so you guys can rationalize it anyway you like! Some of you on here are hypocrites and void of logic, so your reasoning is like that of a woman its emotional. I have way more to fear from a reckless driving murderer than a dimwitted "never to hold public office again" unethical politician. The one that does physical harm, by default should always go to prison. Restitution plus 60 days is more than enough for Mr. Kilpatrick DEBTORS CRIME. I'm wise enough to know that Kilpatrick WILL NOT pay the money back now.

That ship has sailed THAT FEAR OF JAIL IS GONE NOW
    . The courts has no more cards to play to get him to payback his debt to the city. Once he is out all he has to do is get a minimum wage job and pay $20 dollars at most in restitution a month for the remainder [[ 1-2 years at most while still living like a king) Then Mr Kilpatrick is off the hook. The city lost and was played again by the racist tabloid like media that ran the story into the ground, in 2011-12 his story wont sell papers any more because no one will care.

Meanwhile that phony, petty judge and prosecutor will run for higher office. "SMH" People will forget and the murderer releasing judge nothing will still be a on the bench. [[I hope the victims family get him removed as a judge) Metro Detroit been played! Once again logic says the Kilpatricks will always have some political influence in metro Detroit, nothing will change that! So the city might as well get something back rather than nothing.

The best way for kilpatrick to learn was from in his pockets by wage garnishments. Financial ruins is next to death, and hurts more than short term jail do. If it was going to be jail time let the feds do it. My state tax dollars shouldn't pay for a restitution paying non violent offender. While letting some punk murdering loser free.

That's an excellent point, Wintersmommy. I do believe there is still a lot of bias in the system, more than only racial bias.

I don't believe that Mr. Kilpatrick's case is an example of racial bias. If anything, the case, up until a couple of days ago, seemed to be an example of a different bias, namely, *leniency* towards a former mayor, or high-profile individual, or something else.

On the surface, your headline would make a little sense. But you are comparing apples to elephants, here.

Let's see..

Kwame. 39 years old. Lied under oath, despite the fact the guy has a law degree and understands that true and honest testimony is the foundation of our entire justice system. Pisses on the courts by further lying, concealing assets and thumbing his nose at the restitution process. Mocks the city in the process, a city that has experienced the equivalent of being kicked in the nuts since he took office. Refuses to acknowledge responsibility, and expresses shock when he is actually held accountable for his actions that he has been repeatedly been warned about, time and time again, by the judge. Shows no remorse for the police officers' careers he ruined for his own selfish purposes, and shows no regard for the city he still continues to cheat to this day, while he & his family lived in luxury in contrast to the poverty most of his constituents lived in. In short, his wife's cosmetic surgery & Omaha Steaks were more important to him than making the situation right.

James: 17 year old kid with a clean record when he acted stupidly for a few minutes, horsing around in traffic. 2 of 3 victims' families didn't want him to go to jail, because he had to live with the devastating burden that he killed 3 of his best friends for the rest of his life. Wept openly in court, admitting he could barely live with himself and the shame & guilt he felt.

I'm sorry, what's the parallel here again?

By the way, let's wait to see what the "racist" judicial system hands out to the white lady from Macomb County who also killed 3 teenagers who is being sentenced now... something tells me she's not getting off with just probation.

you know after reading this article I now see your point
    http://detnews.com/article/20100527/...ears-in-prison

ok no I dont but hell to tie this all in she is white and going to prison so I guess its all fair now

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast