Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default 3 church burnings in the last month?

I'm not sure if it was two or three but what is there to gain by burning these old churches? I understand scrappers wreck abandoned buildings and they should receive life sentences or just be shot but why burn nice architecture?

I must really be out of it- which churches were burned?

yeah - you need to be specific please, what churches have burned again ?

there was a little blurb yesterday about a church at chene and warren that was burned, no name given...

"God works in mysterious ways".

I always believe in looking at the insurance policies before passing judgment.

Do a search on here for Church - there were a couple of others here two recently- one on the westside- most of the posters thought it was abandoned. I don' t know the names of any of the churches. I just wonder what's to gain from burning them?

i just drove through the chene/warren area...there is a structure at farnsworth that is completely destroyed - literally burned to the ground - and the smoky smell of another vanished structure permeates for blocks. however, anyone familiar with that area knows that fire is indiscriminate, and i wonder how the story ever made the press - especially given the very small size of the presumed church. dog bites man, fire consumes building, elderly person beaten, child dies in drive-by.

all too often we see smoke rising above the city; i guess a few of the burning buildings will be churches.

Retroit Guest

"What is there to gain?"

Ever hear of Eternal Damnation?