Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XYZ Gang

Default XYZ Gang

For the XYZ Gang, if you found that our previous forum disappeared this afternoon, hopefully you remember detroityes. Report in and we will see what kind of community group or whatever they call it here can be started.

I was incredibly ticked, they could have let people know they were changing the site, and why didn't they do it at 4am. I sent them an email. Not that it matters, but whoever is making the decisions over there is not very wise.

Perhaps someone knows how to move this to a private forum

I was even madder that I had to sign in new. Which I may do eventually right now I was just tooooooo maddddd.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    I was even madder that I had to sign in new. Which I may do eventually right now I was just tooooooo maddddd.
    Into each life, a little rain must fall.

Retroit Guest

You guys are still around? I thought Luigi Calzone and the boys took you out in '37.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    You guys are still around? I thought Luigi Calzone and the boys took you out in '37.

I think you tried that one before

We started this thread from on old forum that has been shut down. And most of us like DetroitYes, so thought we would come back here to regroup.

JA, I think maybe folks are using new names. So far I have only seen doodles. There is one name, not part of our forum, that is familiar in the posts but all the others look like brand new ones, so unless they use the same as I did I will not be able to email them until they catch up with me. So if you re-register over there let me know if same name or new.

Kilpatrick's spokesperson compares prison sentence to apartheid

Posted: 2:22 PM
    Last Updated: 4 hours and 19 minutes ago

DETROIT [[WXYZ) - Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's spokesperson, Mike Paul, has released a statement regarding Judge Groner's decision to sentence Kilpatrick to 1.5 to 5 years in prison.
    The statement reads:
    "Equal protection under the law is a Constitutional right. Look for Judge Groner's own words to come back to bite him in an appeal. With this sentence, former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was clearly not treated equal to all citizens under the law. As a result, treating him differently is Unconstitutional.
    In addition, it is clear, Judge Groner sought his research throughout the restitution hearings from the media vs. the court's law library. Perhaps he hopes to seek a higher bench on the back of the former Mayor with the help of a family member in the Prosecutor's office. The same way Prosecutor Kym Worthy is seeking higher office through pointing fingers at Mr. Kilpatrick vs. focusing on true criminals that are now walking the streets of Detroit, as well as focusing on paying her own mortgage on time to avoid foreclosure.
    Judge Groner's court today also appeared to be a throw back to South Africa during the days of apartheid. No wonder it appears many whites in the suburbs of Detroit dislike the former Mayor, as many blacks in Detroit still support him and pray for him. Judge Groner's prepared comments smelled clearly of local politics vs. that of an expert in the law."
    -Mike Paul, spokesman for former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick

REALLY, APARTHEID

I don't think Mike Paul likes Judge Groner. Today I do.
    Groner's prepared statement appeared to be completely from an expert in law. I am certain Kwame can hear him saying everything over and over and over and over. I think that was the intent. But I could be wrong.

Need some information from the detroityes regulars. We are babes in the woods on this forum stuff. What is the "community" and how does one set up a group or whatever they are called. Sorry for being so dense, but don't even have a clue about facebook and such. We have a small group that wants to communicate but also don't want to bore you with our stuff all the time. Is this a good place or is yahoo the place or .......?

Quote Originally Posted by punky1 View Post
    Need some information from the detroityes regulars. We are babes in the woods on this forum stuff. What is the "community" and how does one set up a group or whatever they are called. Sorry for being so dense, but don't even have a clue about facebook and such. We have a small group that wants to communicate but also don't want to bore you with our stuff all the time. Is this a good place or is yahoo the place or .......?
    If you're going to play here, you get to play out in the open so we can all point and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    If you're going to play here, you get to play out in the open so we can all point and laugh.
    We don't care about pointing and laughing, we don't care for [[some) radical opinions. I have read and posted many times on Detroityes, as well as Freep, absolutely do not care for WDIV as well as a few others.

You folks are so darn intimidating, but that's part of your charm. I do learn so much when I read the posts. Especially the ones related to the architecture of the city. Love the pictures. Wish they would post more. Please no comments now about needing "pictures" as opposed to "words".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    why do you have a needtopoint and laugh.

no we are still around

Retroit Guest

Oh, don't mind us regulars. Just keep posting and we'll learn to ignore you like we do the nutjobs on Garwood Mansion and St. Jude Nostalgia.

[[just kidding, just kidding, just kidding)

Okay guys I tried to sign on to XYZ to no avail, I am mad they show email's. That is crap
    Last edited by Just Amazed; May-25-10 at 08:56 PM.

Oh, don't mind us regulars. Just keep posting and we'll learn to ignore you like we do the nutjobs on Garwood Mansion and St. Jude Nostalgia.

[[just kidding, just kidding, just kidding)
    Thanks I had to re-submit because thanks was too short. Nice to see you have nutjobs here too.

Default XYZ Gang

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I hope the rest of the group makes it here.

P.S. I remember you guys talking a lot about this site - thanks for all the reminders!

Missy

OMG my husb and kids think I am the nut job. So here we are for now

JA check your email. I didn't post this morning on the xyz site out of fear the email address would show up again. am contacting tech support later to make sure. I see Missy found us. Get Real is checking into the restoring of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    Okay guys I tried to sign on to XYZ to no avail, I am mad they show email's. That is crap
    they say they corrected the problem but I am hesitant to try until I talk to them again today.

Good morning Retroit

For the XYZ Gang, if you found that our previous forum disappeared this afternoon, hopefully you remember detroityes. Report in and we will see what kind of community group or whatever they call it here can be started.
    i got your message

get real get over here :0)

can't retrieve message from community site. get real sent email letting me know what you are doing. keep in touch thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast