Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

lilpup Guest

Default Bing & Cockrel debate again tonight [[Thurs) 8 pm

to be carried live on WXYZ tv and livestreamed on their website - http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/DEBATE-Bing-Cockrel-Face-Off-at-8PM/tN9CSu0SLk6yrCn0nZxjcA.cspx
    Last edited by lilpup; April-23-09 at 06:39 PM.

LodgeDodger Guest

I cannot believe Frankie Darcell just asked Cockrel and Bing if they've had a relationship outside of marriage. Did I hear that correctly?

WTF?

lilpup Guest

Bing not naming who he intends to bring in makes me think he doesn't want the job. He certainly can't believe that plays well.

I don't care that much for Ken Cockrel...in fact, one time was leaning toward Bing...but Cockrel won this hands down. Dave Bing looked tired, confused and lost in thought at times. While both candidates had a difficult time answering specifics, Bing failed to be specific the most and lilpup is right...his non-answer on naming his team was political stupidity and instigated a fifth-grade shouting match between the two. What this debate did most was make me regret that Freman Hendrix is not in the race.

blksoul_x Guest

It is too bad that these two brilliant Black men choose to debate and provide their intellectual capacity to the very system that was created for the purpose of preserving white supremacy and limiting the African presence in amerikkka'!

When will 'we' wake up!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    It is too bad that these two brilliant Black men choose to debate and provide their intellectual capacity to the very system that was created for the purpose of preserving white supremacy and limiting the African presence in amerikkka'!

I must not get it... what are you talking about?

BSX always amuses me? Did you write for SNL or the Chocolate News in the past?

Ravine Guest

I'm kinda hoping that the nom de keyboard, "Blksoul_x," was illegitimately swiped by somebody else during the switch-over to this new format of DY. That, or he should have his place checked for radon.
    As for "African presence," that guy Bankole Thompson gives me the fuckin' creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    I cannot believe Frankie Darcell just asked Cockrel and Bing if they've had a relationship outside of marriage. Did I hear that correctly?

WTF?
    I wish I was running. I'd have that question down, having never been married!

I missed the debate... is it posted anywhere? Good to see the Mayor doing well.

When will 'we' wake up!

blksoul_atcha!
    So a Lincoln-Douglas debate is equal with that of white supremacy? So what's your idea for brillant black men to "provide their intellectual capacity"?

MIRepublic Guest

Good grief, people, can you just ignore the guy, already? You all allow him to derail discussions.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    I missed the debate... is it posted anywhere?
    It's posted here

When will 'we' wake up!
    Well I missed the debate, so I guess I'm gonna derail some more...

BSX... when are you going to wake up is the real question??

What part of the system of white supremacy was it exactly that got Obama elected??

[[Sound of crickets....)

In a nutshell this is what Bing is asking you to believe

I am a success

I have been a success at anything I've seriously attempted to do , as a basketball player [[one of the 50 greatest) and a businessman [[makes the black enterprise magazine top ten list every year)

I'm not sure on the specifics right now but I'll get it figured out I always have.

Its a legit strategy, its up to the individual if they want to take that leap of faith.

WTF?
    Thats crazy !

While she at it she should have asked them "When did they stop beating their wifes?

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by izzyindetroit View Post
    I must not get it... what are you talking about?
    Point is 'Izzy', it is obvious that these two well spoken and articulated Black men should be more important and serviceable to the immediate needs toward the Black experience in amerikkka'. Our best and brightest continue to beat the drum for amerikkkas' flawed social democracy as opposed to re-focusing their commitment, intelligence, ideas and passion toward the urgent needs of Black people. A specific plan that would empower and offer the mass of Black people in Detroit a more competitive future.

Why is it that Black Africans in amerikkka' don't have any more Malcolm's, Martin's, or Garvey's? It is because the men that ought to be the replacement of our past Black leadership and voice invest themselves within the process of amerikkkas' flawed social democracy. As these great men enter into the forest, from that point, our concerns are curtailed and mitigated toward amerikkkas' flawed social democracy, which does not specifically address the urgent needs of the mass of Black Africans living in amerikkka that remain noncompetitive, impoverished, powerless and neglected.

AS A PEOPLE, [[That is, Black Africans in 'amerikkka'),WE ARE ON THE ROAD TO NOWHERE! Our best and brightest, ie; Ken Cockrel, Dave Bing, Kwame Kilpatrick, Monica Conyers, Barack Obama, and many others would benefit 'amerikkka' better, if they would focus there commitment specifically to Black progress as Martin, Malcolm, Garvey, and many of our other great Black ancestors did pre-our so-called advancement into the format of amerikkka' social politics!

It troubles me to listen and see our best people, Black on Black, publicly fight, slander, insult, and humiliate each other over the trifles of amerikkkas' past traducers.

....amerikkka' is stealing our best....as our Black mass continues to struggle!__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!

First off I want to say thank you to Lowell for moving us over to a site with the ignore function. It's quite useful!

Second, Bing has some good ideas but he sounds as if he has no way to implement them. For now, I'm still supporting Cockrel. Cockrel, however, needs to step it up. He talks a good game but if he wins in May he will have 5 more months to convince us he really should be the mayor for the next four years. If not, he could wind up losing his seat at the table.

WTF?
    I don't know, it kind of reminds me of when Stefani asked KK and CB about text messages, and we see what happened there. I have a feeling that something is about to drop about one of the candidates.

That being said, even though I don't think that Ken Cockrel is doing a good job, he beat Dave Bing hands down. I'm predicting a 68% to 32% victory for KC. I just hope he doesn't take the win as a mandate that he's doing a bang up job. It's more a matter of Dave Bing being the worse debater since Dick Devos.
    Last edited by kraig; April-24-09 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo

.... Our best and brightest, ie; Ken Cockrel, Dave Bing, Kwame Kilpatrick, Monica Conyers, Barack Obama.....
    It truly is sad when some folks set the "best and brightest" bar so low....

BSX would probably vote for Robert Mugabe [[the man responsible for the tragedy that is Zimbabwe)... he's so blindsighted by pigmentation...

It is not Mugabe's fault. He is our brightest.
    Remember to always blame others in life, it is the easiest and laziest path to take and it will empower you.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    First off I want to say thank you to Lowell for moving us over to a site with the ignore function. It's quite useful!
    Amen to that. Now only if I can convice people to not quote the ignorants in question, then I'd be happier.

Retroit Guest

Thank you for the reminder about the Ignore function. [[UserCP, Edit Ignore List for those of you that don't know.)