Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Metro/Detroit's Best Carry-Out

What are some of the best places to get a quick carry-out? My normal route is MI Ave/Ford Rd. to New Center Area... lol

Have the dang place I used to go seem to be closed.

Grandy's, several locations throughout the city.

The number 11 with chicken, extra hot, at Sala Thai in Eastern Market...followed closely by any of the schwarma from the Bucharest [[mine is usually chicken, hold the pickle but double the hot peppers), and that damned amazing but simple Pocket of Joy from Honest Johns [[thanks Ruxy17 for that one...it'll be OK lady, we're starting a twelve-step group for it).

Shawarma Drive -Thru at Cedarland on W. Warren btw. Wyoming & Schaefer.

This is kind of an odd question because ALL good restaurants do carry out. If I really want something and I'm on the run, I just punch up my favorite greasy spoon that's been programmed into my cell phone. By the time I arrive, my food's already set to be taken out of there and devoured!

I think there needs to be some more criteria attached here such as cuisine, speed, part of town, friendliest of service, etc..

LodgeDodger Guest

Bucharest Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The number 11 with chicken, extra hot, at Sala Thai in Eastern Market...followed closely by any of the schwarma from the Bucharest [[mine is usually chicken, hold the pickle but double the hot peppers), and that damned amazing but simple Pocket of Joy from Honest Johns [[thanks Ruxy17 for that one...it'll be OK lady, we're starting a twelve-step group for it).
    Good call, thats my exact lineup.

Heh, it is always frightening to find another who agrees with me!

I'd love to do this with a $5 cap on spending...of course, two out of my three would stay...and I'd add Duly's Coney Island in the SW side to boot.

Cheers, bon appetit!