Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Who's Detroit's hottest newscaster & why?

Rhonda Walker? Carmen Harlan? Anqunette? Alicia Smith? Let's have a cerebral discussion about an important topic, shall we?

DC48080 Guest

I'd go with Rhonda Walker. Carmen's age is starting to show.

Vic Faust. Not sure I would use the word "hot" - not personally into blonds, and he's married [[so am I) so that dampens the "hot" factor. But he is very attractive, great smile, and just an all around awesome guy who is great at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I'd go with Rhonda Walker. Carmen's age is starting to show.
    True story....

About 13 years ago, I was at Starters on Plymouth and this group of women came in. The old Starters was very small and very tight and the women were in the next booth so I started a conversation with one of the women and somehow the talk turned to "who is your favorite newscaster?" Off the back, I said Carmen. She is the homegirl so I had to support my Detroiters. The woman said, what about Diana Lewis? I said Diana's cool, I always liked her back in the day with Bill Bonds but I'm a Carmen fan. The woman shrugged and ended the discussion. Since I am a curious cat I had to ask why Diana Lewis? The woman said, "oh she's my mother." OOPS...perhaps I should have stared a bit harder and I would have caught the connection. If I had said Diana Lewis first.....

I'd have to agree wth you, Cinci. Rhonda's got it goin' on. Carmen is still nice looking, but the miles are starting to show, bigtime. Carolyn Clifford is gorgeous with those "sleepy" looking eyes, also.

I'm not sure what is meant by "hottest", but the one I enjoy the most, and who I would like to live next door to would be Carmen Harlan. She knows the city and keeps her news reporting simple. A home grown professional.

Doesn't Carmen live in Indian Village?

neighbor Guest

Natalie Sentz. End of Thread.

Good one, Neighbor. That name is kinda' "under the radar", isn't it?

Rhonda....very cute.

Jason Carr - and thanks to DC48080 I just found out he's married to Taryn Asher!! Outside of that, not much eyecandy for women, but Huel Perkins is still incredibly appealing, he just gets better with age.

Ravine Guest

Rhonda Walker is the hottest, in my eyes, but I'm going to stick with Carmen as Babe #1. She seems genuine, and her barely-hinged on-air rant against Kilpatrick earned my heightened respect.
    Also, the forced half-smile from Walker is alienating and annoying.
    The "miles showing" on Carmen don't bother me, as her odometer and mine have piled up about the same amount of turnovers.

Al Allen for sure.

You guys crack me up. lol. Glenda Lewis aka 'baby' ain't too shabby, either.

This thread don't mean nuttin' without no pichurs.

Deena Centofanti has the best eyes.

I thought a newscaster was supposed to report the news. Scott Lewis investigative reporting put crooks Lonnie Bates behind bars for corruption and he had no small part in bringing down Monica Conyers and Kwame Kilpatrick. That's HOT in my book.

Erin Nicole

Kam Carman is still pretty decent eye candy to wake up to.

But I always feel odd about saying that because she's been one of the few Detroit area media folks that have had to fend off stalkers. Anyone remember Catherine Lehan and her case? I feel for these folks that have had to deal with these psycho stalkers.

Sentz, yes.

See, I don't understand how some of these names are still working there. Robbie Timmons, Carmen Harlan, Kam Carmen and a few others were there in the mid 90's when I left and had been there for some time. They must be approaching the 25 or 30 year mark at those stations by now.

Micah Matere is still working at WGN too; can't remember if she was at 2 or 50.

Catherine Lehan was a doll. Always reminded me of a real life Barbie.

What about Diana Lewis? Is she still around? Then there was Dayna Eubanks and another one I can't remember at 4.

Ravine Guest

She isn't still on TV, at least not around here, but I feel the need to mention Beverly Payne, who was close to what I would call beautiful.

Amy Lange with FOX 2.

quick video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNijt...layer_embedded
    Last edited by One4Detroit; May-23-10 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast