Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ye Olde Butcher Shoppe

Has anyone heard anything about the projected opening of YOBS...seems like progress has been made, including what appears to be a new doorway at the rear parking lot area. New sign looks great. I can't wait for the opening.

I don't know, but if someone has information I am curious if they will have bottle return.

projected opening is sometime next month, as long as there are no hurdles with the current plans.

they will have an automated machine or two for bottle return.

There may or may not be an issue with the building owner regarding a new parking lot to be built in the rear of the building to accomodate the store. Other than that the store is still pushing for an opening [[late June?)

other than timing of installation, there should be no problem with the lot to the rear. owner is working closley with city departments, historic district commission, and UCCA to make sure there are no problems moving ahead. either way, the parking lot wouldn't cause any delay in the opening of the store.

last i heard, late june opening date was still the goal.

the meat cutters and store managers will probably make a liveable salary..there will be added accounts for various vendors local and national...

Still waiting on this place to open. Does anyone know an exact date? Will it be open in time for the Social Forum? It would be nice to have a grocery store basically across the street from the Tent City [[at Temple and Woodward).

They have everything set up inside, just without any food. Just put the darn food in there already!!!!!

As I drove by yesterday I noted activity on what appears to be a patio on the north side of the building. If you look into the store, you see a new interior sign "patio" above the exit to this area. It's their term, not mine. I for one,can't wait for YOBS to open.