Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Life Insurance

Default Life Insurance

I think that parents should invest in life insurance for their children especially if the family lives in Detroit. I am sorry for the recent tragedies of these children and some adults.Parents should buy life or burial insurance instead of buying fancy sneakers or some video game for their children. I had heard parents asking for donations to bury or creamate their child for they don't have the money to do it. These radio stations are help soliciting with the request. I don't mind helping to donate money to a poor mother who couldnt afford with the burial. I think that mothers who lives in Detroit should think about insuring their children due to the rise of senseless violence that is occuring in the Most Dangerous City in the World. It is better to pay a monthly life insurance bill for your child than a montly satellite disk or cable bill for yourself. For those who buy their children expensive clothing on a meger salary; make sure you have life so you will have money to bury him.

Somebody translate this post for me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Translation: I am saying that due to escalation of crime among young people in Detroit it would be wise that Detroiters have their children insured instead of ordering cable or purchasing their children expensive clothing or shoes. I know many people who resides in Detroit. Some who are unemployed but still have Comcast or satellite tv, children has the latest trends in clothing and cellular phones with a montly contract. I had asked these parents if they have burial or life insurance on their children. Most of them had said no.I know that crime is everywhere but this is a Detroit site so let us focus on Detroit. Detroit had been labeled the third most dangerous city in the world. There are idiots or may I say "Animals" who are shooting young people at random. Detroiters, put your priorities in order. Get some life or burial insurance for yourselves and your kids if you can afford it. Get the luxury items later when you find a job or could afford the luxury items. See if there are programs that could help you with the payment of insurance that you could put on yourself or your children. I don't mind contributing to a family who can't afford to pay for burial.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Maybe he is an insurance salesman?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Translation: I am saying that due to escalation of crime among young people in Detroit it would be wise that Detroiters have their children insured instead of ordering cable or purchasing their children expensive clothing or shoes. I know many people who resides in Detroit. Some who are unemployed but still have Comcast or satellite tv, children has the latest trends in clothing and cellular phones with a montly contract. I had asked these parents if they have burial or life insurance on their children. Most of them had said no.I know that crime is everywhere but this is a Detroit site so let us focus on Detroit. Detroit had been labeled the third most dangerous city in the world. There are idiots or may I say "Animals" who are shooting young people at random. Detroiters, put your priorities in order. Get some life or burial insurance for yourselves and your kids if you can afford it. Get the luxury items later when you find a job or could afford the luxury items. See if there are programs that could help you with the payment of insurance that you could put on yourself or your children. I don't mind contributing to a family who can't afford to pay for burial.
    So, don't put money aside so you can move to a neighborhood with a lower crime rate, put money into life insurance? I understood exactly what you said in the first post and where you were coming from, I just think it's an odd standpoint to have.

Retroit Guest

I agree with you stasu1213. It also wouldn't be such a bad idea for Detroit parents to make pre-arranged funeral arrangements on the way home from the nursery ward.

I think this thread was started because any time someone dies tragically [[it is the same in less affluent suburbs too, btw), there is an account set up to "help the family with funeral expenses" to which the newscasters all ask us to contribute.

DetroitDad Guest

I have yet to have any real problems in Detroit.