Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Al Sharpton coming to Detroit.

Well you know this can't be good with Al Sharpton showing up this weekend.
    He reminds me of an ambulance chaser. The guy never misses a camera opportunity or a racial problem area [[real or imagined).

Retroit Guest

I wonder why Sharpton isn't going to preach at Jaream Blake's funeral?

Oh yeah, Blake's death doesn't matter - he wasn't killed by a white guy.

Maybe he'll counsel the cop who probably hasn't slept since the gun went off.

Al Sharpton needs to stay home, he has no business here stirring up trouble. Horace Sheffield will also be at the funeral. Have these media whores no shame? Same with Fieger and his staged pathetic press conference, had my child been killed, being in front of the camera with Fieger would not have been on my mind, I would be too devastated to function.

Why should this be a surprise? Every day the story of what happened is changing. It took Mayor Bing 3 days before he deemed it fitting to address this police shooting. If it takes Al Sharpton coming to town to stir the pot up a little bit, then so be it.

Maybe the good Rev. Al can bring Tawana Brawley with him.

The man is a publicity whore.

Him and Feiger oughta get together.

Buy American Guest

Sharpton needs to take a second look at the facts before he gets up in front of an angry crowd and ignites them with his hatred of whites and the police department. The facts are that this little childs family were all criminals, harboring fugitives, stolen cars in the back, guns, stealing electricity. This poor little girl didn't stand a chance to grow up because of the behavior of her family. I am saddened that she died, but because of the actions of a 46 year old woman trying to protect these criminals, she's gone. Grandma needs to take a good, close look at herself...and Fieger needs to step away and let justice do it's job.

Whats up with Sam Riddle showing up and making his presence known? Isn't he supposed to be in jail or something?

where was he when officer Huff was killed ? Why wasnt he protesting the violence then?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Why should this be a surprise? Every day the story of what happened is changing. It took Mayor Bing 3 days before he deemed it fitting to address this police shooting. If it takes Al Sharpton coming to town to stir the pot up a little bit, then so be it.
    The story is changing because of reporting before the actual facts came out. Fieger and this phantom tape that no one has ever seen except for [[allegedly) him, some staff, a "secret lawyer" [[who is being completely unethical if this tape does exist and is being withheld) and a "secret witness." None of it makes sense.

Bing probably could have handled it better, but he was quoted as early as Monday and I just don't understand why he continues to get slammed for not being "visible enough." His statements about a violent culture and that he does not know what to do about it are right on. Yet, he's slammed, and he's accused of working against the citizens of Detroit despite the fact that he is the one that does not want Uncle Sam to come to town [[Conyers does). There is a small but vocal element [[that gets way too much press) that apparently preferred the Kwame days when so many police resources were being redirected to the Manoogian, and an incident like this would bring a calvary of Escalades from the Ivory Tower to a press conference in front of the house. At least Kwame looked good doing it, I suppose.

Sorry about the rant, not directed at you.

No matter how you feel about this, the next few days are going to be a media three-ring circus. Oh, I wonder if he might stay until Monday to attend Jerean Blakes funeral...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallins View Post
    Al Sharpton needs to stay home, he has no business here stirring up trouble. Horace Sheffield will also be at the funeral. Have these media whores no shame? Same with Fieger and his staged pathetic press conference, had my child been killed, being in front of the camera with Fieger would not have been on my mind, I would be too devastated to function.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-20-10 at 10:12 AM.

He rarely takes a closer look -- just an over-view of the right quotient, and mixture of participants racially speaking of said events and 'poof' he is there. Then off to the next event. All of this is actually harder on the family, but they cannot see that yet.

In any event being involved in many funerals as of late, these things take on a life of their own beyond the even the families wishes.

Then there's the days and times will come when all of the cameras are gone, the reports are no longer calling and that's when the pain really settles in re. the useless tragedies going on far too much in this city...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Sharpton needs to take a second look at the facts before he gets up in front of an angry crowd and ignites them with his hatred of whites and the police department. The facts are that this little childs family were all criminals, harboring fugitives, stolen cars in the back, guns, stealing electricity. This poor little girl didn't stand a chance to grow up because of the behavior of her family. I am saddened that she died, but because of the actions of a 46 year old woman trying to protect these criminals, she's gone. Grandma needs to take a good, close look at herself...and Fieger needs to step away and let justice do it's job.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-20-10 at 04:16 PM.

I think I'll bake him a "welcome to Detroit" cake....what a POS.

All of this tape and tv stuff circling this event is why I loath reality TV... Now we see the real fruit of it. Fieger better have his ducks in order, as we will have a mess, one he does not have to live thru or in. Word on the street is that this is turning into a real Hatfeild and McCoys family feud. Ugly. And sad of course for the little girls life tragically ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    The story is changing because of reporting before the actual facts came out. Fieger and this phantom tape that no one has ever seen except for [[allegedly) him, some staff, a "secret lawyer" [[who is being completely unethical if this tape does exist and is being withheld) and a "secret witness." None of it makes sense.

Bing probably could have handled it better, but he was quoted as early as Monday and I just don't understand why he continues to get slammed for not being "visible enough." His statements about a violent culture and that he does not know what to do about it are right on. Yet, he's slammed, and he's accused of working against the citizens of Detroit despite the fact that he is the one that does not want Uncle Sam to come to town [[Conyers does). There is a small but vocal element [[that gets way too much press) that apparently preferred the Kwame days when so many police resources were being redirected to the Manoogian, and an incident like this would bring a calvary of Escalades from the Ivory Tower to a press conference in front of the house. At least Kwame looked good doing it, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post

Bing addressed the issue when questioned about it at another event. Which suggests he was making public appearances and had no plans to address the issue.

As far Al Sharpton, it gets worse.

JESSE JACKSON IS COMING WITH HIM.

Excuse me, I have to go throw up now.

Argh!! I wish they would come to help us in a unified, city wide march against the crime OVERALL AND DAILY in Detroit. Not just one with a specific racial component, therefore worthy of their attention! Oh - what a summer we have ahead.

I was planning to attend the 17 years old funeral as I know one of the family members, but not. I will send my condolences privately and my prayers will be the same. Both funerals are going to be media frenzies and much mania and extreme drama as funerals for children are already very hard and hurtful without all this...
    Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Bing addressed the issue when questioned about it at another event. Which suggests he was making public appearances and had no plans to address the issue.

As far Al Sharpton, it gets worse.

JESSE JACKSON IS COMING WITH HIM.

Excuse me, I have to go throw up now.

Who pays the travel expenses for Al and Jesse? Does this come out of Fieger's pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallins View Post
    Considering how many people read newspapers any more, having a news conference is about the only way to get your story out to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    It's too much to hope that he might address the police and fire budget cuts while the City Council increased their own budgets.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    It's too much to hope that he might address the police and fire budget cuts while the City Council increased their own budgets.
    They are all crooks and thieves and thugs in my opinion. I would have expected more from Clownsil but am totally not surprised that they would want to line their own pockets while the City of Detroit dies a very slow death. It's pretty damn ballsey of them....to increase their budget while they cut police and fire...the people need to call them all out and demand a change...but who cares in Detroit. It's become a lawless territory, like the old West. You won't catch me down there any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Word on the street is that this is turning into a real Hatfeild and McCoys family feud.
    That is what I hear, too. And it's not even Memorial Day yet! School isn't even out! Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by punky1 View Post
    Who pays the travel expenses for Al and Jesse? Does this come out of Fieger's pocket?
    I'm pretty sure they can both afford it.

Make yourselves proud: Throw rotton tomatoes and garbage at this man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast