Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit parking agency blasted in city audit

Detroit parking agency blasted in city audit

Mismanagement has led to lack of control over revenues, it says

http://www.freep.com/article/20090423/NEWS01/904230605

I almost choked when they said there wasn't any money accounted for in a couple of months. Like no one parked at the Ford Auditorium lot for two months..come on.
    Man, I've seen some knee slappers over the years but this takes the cake.
    These audits mean the party's over in Detroit. The Water Dept. audit was pretty funny too. Retirement parties at taxpayer expense...nice touch.

My word. Do EVERY aspect of services/leadership in Detroit have to babysat???
    This is entirely too frustrating.

Where are the grown ups here???
    It's like the whole city is a free for all.

Department officials also were unable to explain to auditors why the Ford Underground Garage -- a busy facility beneath East Jefferson Avenue that serves the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center -- reported no revenue for several months.

Wow.......... I can not think of anything witty enough to respond to this.

The parking facilities are now managed by private firms that collect the revenue for the city.
    I've seen these guys. They typically have more orange flags in their hands then they do teeth in their mouth.
    Alright, I know what their talking about, but given the article and the descriptions of stupidity I read in it, I couldn't help but think of those guys immediately.

This entire article is like icing on the cake for me. A city that screams cash strapped, and then you pull back the curtain to see cash strapped to all the leading roles. <puke>

Parking is becoming a haven for organized crime in many major cities, I would not be surprised if this is an issue here in Detroit.

it's malfeasance like this - which has crept into virtually every nook and cranny of detroit's governance - why no one will go back to the table on the cobo deal, and why granholm will not fork over obama bucks to detroit.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Park Rite

There is a reason they call Park-Rite the parking cartel. Park Rite does still manage most of the city lots without ever having to bid for them.