Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Pelosi: "Quit your job, taxpayers will provide your healthcare"

Is this lady nuts? I can't believe she said this..

In her own words:

http://www.cnsnews.com/cnsnewstv/v/Xd6U2GaGSU

In context:
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi [[D.-Calif.) said that aspiring musicians and other creative types could quit their jobs, focus on developing their talents, and thanks to the health-care reform bill, the taxpayers would cover their health care.
    Emphasis mine.

Please people, elect descent politicians next time. We went from what we had to this. What next?

I can believe she SAID IT. She's carrying the water and delivering to the supposed constituency.

"Entrepreneurial" bill? Is that what they are calling it now? Hah, I am not surprised. IMO her comments are both pandering and condescending. She's just "patting" the heads of the faithful -- the less than discerning members of the party...

More LOW-HANGING FRUIT those who think that bigger government really is the ultimate provider and source.

I like how she has adapted her lingo using buzz words like "Entrepreneurial" to justify the hocking this unsustainable idea and promise. Well everyone best not quit their jobs. LOL!!! We have to pay for all of this... or health care for all will be compromised... to say the least.

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Is this lady nuts? I can't believe she said this..

In her own words:

http://www.cnsnews.com/cnsnewstv/v/Xd6U2GaGSU
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-19-10 at 05:37 AM.

She has said a lot of weird stuff lately
    She is finally losing what is left of her marbles

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    She has said a lot of weird stuff lately
    She is finally losing what is left of her marbles
    She has been kooky ever since I've been aware of her. She's so far detached from reality it's frightening. I guess you can expect that at times when the superwealthy run the show. I remember her speech at the Dem08 presidential convention, sophmoric at best, and nobody was clapping. I actually felt sorry for her it was so bad. But unfortunately, with her as the Speaker, the American people are the ones who deserve the sympathy.
    Last edited by johnsmith; May-19-10 at 06:50 AM. Reason: I like using the edit function.

Hey, she's from California. All those people out there are like that.

Stosh Guest

By far and away, I've never seen a more ignorant buinch of statements put together in one place, at any time, even on the Freep site.

She said NOTHING of the sort, even in Jimaz's paraphrasing. she said, and I QUOTE:

You will have health care
    Nothing about the taxpayers will fund it, or anything of the sort. Just that they will have the right to continue coverage without interruption.

And next time, find a site that doesn't have spam links in the comments. That is just so tacky. Sstashmoo needs to find better news sources it seems. CNS News? Completely Nonsensical Shit? Typical!

Quote: "Just that they will have the right to continue coverage without interruption."

And not pay for it, and you know who will pay for it. The idiot said it, defend her if you wish, birds of a feather...

Stosh

Nothing about the taxpayers will fund it, or anything of the sort. Just that they will have the right to continue coverage without interruption.
    Sstashmoo

And not pay for it, and you know who will pay for it.
    Stosh has tons of cash, he doesn't mind paying 60-70% of his income in taxes to pay for people who choose not to work. After all, the saying that liberals are always gracious with other people's money is just a myth, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    By far and away, I've never seen a more ignorant buinch of statements put together in one place, at any time, even on the Freep site.

She said NOTHING of the sort, even in Jimaz's paraphrasing. she said, and I QUOTE:

And next time, find a site that doesn't have spam links in the comments. That is just so tacky. Sstashmoo needs to find better news sources it seems. CNS News? Completely Nonsensical Shit? Typical!
    THIS.
    Watch the clip. Pelosi never said "the taxpayers would fund their health care." The commentator made that up. He LIED. Anyone who takes that lie and runs with it without bothering to take 36 seconds of their precious time to watch the clip is lazy, dumb and irresponsible.

Quote: "Anyone who takes that lie and runs with it without bothering to take 36 seconds of their precious time to watch the clip"

Anyone that cannot figure out what she is saying obviously never owned a calcualtor or worked. Whan one quites their job, income ceases. MAdam Speaker sez' Don't worry your healthcare will continue. Continue how? In other words shes saying the taxpayers will pay for and provide them healthcare for free, while they work on becoming the next American Idol or some bullshit. You gotta be pretty simple if you can't figure out her meaning. Pelosi let it slip out how these idiots think/ Money for nothing and the chicks for free.

Quote: "Anyone who takes that lie and runs with it without bothering to take 36 seconds of their precious time to watch the clip"

Anyone that cannot figure out what she is saying obviously never owned a calcualtor or worked. Whan one quites their job, income ceases. MAdam Speaker sez' Don't worry your healthcare will continue. Continue how?
    Because under the new plan, you're not necessarily tied to your employer's coverage. She mentioned that too, but I'm sure you didn't bother watching.
    In other words shes saying the taxpayers will pay for and provide them healthcare for free
    No, she didn't. Show me where she said that.
    while they work on becoming the next American Idol or some bullshit.
    Gotta love that appreciation of the arts.
    You gotta be pretty simple if you can't figure out her meaning. Pelosi let it slip out how these idiots think/ Money for nothing and the chicks for free.
    And now you're making stuff up. So you, and you alone, and maybe that CNS commentator, can read her mind? Why do we bother with any other news source when we can come to the Great Stashmoo and know what everyone's really thinking, regardless of their actual words? Please. He LIED.

Nothing cheapens integrity quite as well as contrived indignity.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-19-10 at 10:16 PM.

Quote: "Why do we bother with any other news source when we can come to the Great Stashmoo"

That's been my question for years.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Stosh

Sstashmoo

Stosh has tons of cash, he doesn't mind paying 60-70% of his income in taxes to pay for people who choose not to work. After all, the saying that liberals are always gracious with other people's money is just a myth, right?
    Right. and Papasito has tons of ignorance, and he doesn't mind spreading his 60-70 percent of his BS around in defense of people that can afford NOT to have health care. After all, the saying that conservatives are just d-bags in disguise, and that they want other people's money as well as their own is just a myth, right?
    Last edited by Stosh; May-19-10 at 08:03 PM.

Stosh Guest

Quote: "Why do we bother with any other news source when we can come to the Great Stashmoo"

That's been my question for years.
    Not MY question. My question would be how can you reconcile your religion with the constant lying you do here? Doesn't add up to me, pal.

Stosh, only in your world can one quit their job and still maintain their lifestyle. Two types of people, Producers and consumers, thanks for putting yourself in the proper group. As for lying, that's exactly what you're doing for Madame psycho. She essentially said quit your job and don't worry about healthcare, you'll have it. You folks can twist that any way you want, anyone with a few neurons arcing knows what she meant.

Quote: " the constant lying you do here?"

You're so full of it. Seriously. Your attack on Gannon was nothing more than a childish tirade, and you came across like some bumbling angry old man. Show me where I lied about anything.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; May-19-10 at 08:27 PM.

Stosh, only in your world can one quit their job and still maintain their lifestyle. Two types of people, Producers and consumers, thanks for putting yourself in the proper group. As for lying, that's exactly what you're doing for Madame psycho.
    Who's lying about what she said, other than you and the others who couldn't bother to watch the clip?

She essentially said quit your job and don't worry about healthcare, you'll have it. You folks can twist that any way you want, anyone with a few neurons arcing knows what she meant.
    Your interpretation is your interpretation, not fact. Anyone with a few neurons knows you're the one twisting it. Ruminating on what you imagine she "was really thinking" and presenting it as cold, hard fact is lying.

Show me where I lied about anything.
    In the thread title. In the first post. And throughout the thread.

Default It was dumb

What Pelosi said was just dumb. Clearly if you're not working and you're using health care, unless and until we enslave doctors [[hey, now that's a bright idea), someone else is paying for your health care. It's not free.

Stosh Guest

Stosh, only in your world can one quit their job and still maintain their lifestyle. Two types of people, Producers and consumers, thanks for putting yourself in the proper group. As for lying, that's exactly what you're doing for Madame psycho. She essentially said quit your job and don't worry about healthcare, you'll have it. You folks can twist that any way you want, anyone with a few neurons arcing knows what she meant.
    A lie by any other name is still a lie. You sound like a typical Randian. At the very least I STILL am a productive member of society, unlike yourself, who whiles away the hours on a message board spewing your half and non truths.

: " the constant lying you do here?"

You're so full of it. Seriously. Your attack on Gannon was nothing more than a childish tirade, and you came across like some bumbling angry old man. Show me where I lied about anything.
    LISTEN to what she said, you name calling zealot. Gannon's three times the poster you are. At least he makes sense half the time. You, on the other hand, not at all. Bumbling old man? You are soooooo witty. NOT. Maybe you should attempt to hone your scathing wit on the Freep message boards, it's more appropriate for the level of intelligence you display. So, piss off, junior.

And I even used your weak ass quote to quote YOU. How Ironic is that? And I'm old? LOL

Quote: "Gannon's three times the poster you are. At least he makes sense half the time."

I'm certain I don't make sense to you.

Quote: "you name calling zealot"

I didn't call you a name, so stop whining. If I decide to call you a name, you won't have to exhaust your eighth grade education trying to figure it out. Think you're going to brow beat and bully me around with your horseshit? Guess again.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; May-19-10 at 11:16 PM.

Quote: "I STILL am a productive member of society"

You produce what exactly? That's right ... nothing.

I'll back up to your first ignorant attack on this thread where you entered in , insulted everyone on it and called me a liar. Here is your stupidassed quote:

"Nothing about the taxpayers will fund it,"

The moron said quit your job, you won't be job locked, You will still have healthcare. Who do you think would pay for that healthcare? Santa Claus? The Easter bunny. TAXPAYERS, that is who will pay for it.

The smaller the pool of working fools, er-uh I mean working "folks" get, the less sustainable all this is!!!!! Fancy economic philosophies, and theories aside.

Further, the remaining working stiffs [[us rich folk you know) will work more hours per year to pay the government, with less resources or income for savings or retirement. No worries, though the government "god" will provide.

Thus the percentage of moneys tithed to the government will ALL WORK OUT...... Right....!
    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    What Pelosi said was just dumb. Clearly if you're not working and you're using health care, unless and until we enslave doctors [[hey, now that's a bright idea), someone else is paying for your health care. It's not free.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-20-10 at 05:59 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast