Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bing finally speaks....

*crickets*

Oh, sorry, that was a statement issued by Warren Evans.

Still nothing from "Mayor" Bing. Not even a sighting. He's all tucked away safe and secure in his rented condo. Can't expect him to bring his scaredy cat behind to the mean streets of Detroit!

He was also very silent when those 7 kids were shot at the bus stop last summer.

So how's it looking for re-election?

i am shocked that he hasn't said anything. No condolences, no anything. It is a real shame. As the mayor he needs to say something to the citizens.

Default He did Speak but . . .

People were beating up on Stephen Henderson because he called the mayor out for not speaking up.

Many of the commenters said that Bing isn't like Kwame, and he would never politicize an event like this. The commenters were typically moronic, calling for Henderson's head over daring to ask the mayor to step up.

If the governor can say a few words, the mayor isn't above this tragedy, either.

Its kinda pathetic actually. After an incident that has Detroit on the front page of papers and websites all over, the mayor has nothing to say. Sure, no matter what you say it doesn't diminish the levity of the situation but that doesn't really matter. As the head of the city its his responsibility. The image he is projecting is one of a lack of leadership.

Maybe instead of immediately calling the cops "killers" he is waiting to see the investigation before commenting. However, he should have at least offered condolences for the innocent little girl.

He should have been there the next day, to offer condolences to the family and promise them support and a fair investigation. The police are under him, just like the president of a company - oh, but wait, I forgot, as the owner of Bing Steel he displayed this same type of disregard and neglect to his employees so I shouldn't be surprised at all. He could care less, it doesn't touch him. He will only grudgingly make an appearance and say a few words if he is forced to.

Uhhh... what did you expect him to say? Do you think his words are going to magically undo the horrible things that happened?

-Tahleel

Bing is one heartless man. It is a shame he is the way he is.

Quote Originally Posted by tahleel View Post
    Uhhh... what did you expect him to say? Do you think his words are going to magically undo the horrible things that happened?
    According to this view, we shouldn't have funerals or memorials at all, because mere words don't undo the death.

There is a such thing as common courtesy and decency. It's a shame when public officials with no scruples display moments of this in times of tragedy, yet others who are media darlings are given a free pass.

People sure are quick to judge. Where were you when Kwame came into office?
    Talk about a heartless guy.
    Bing is still a politician and he's looking to see which way the wind is blowing on this one. Right now, it doesn't look good for the cops. They have had a history of roughing people up and also have more than once before raided wrong addresses.

Now this heartless man is speaking ill of Fieger. Kwame would have shown his face Sunday morning. Besides that old man Bing is the mayor now. Going out on a limb--I want to think most mayors of any town would have SHOWED UP!

lincoln8740 Guest

[quote=Brittz;147162]Now this heartless man is speaking ill of Fieger. [quote]

Who is heartless again?

Bing or Fieger?

I am sure Mr. Fieger will be donating the proceeds of any lawsuit to a trust fund in memory of the little girl.

Remember he gets a third plus expenses, I wonder how much actual money the family will get.

I truly feel sorry for you, if you believe that Feiger has a shred of compassion in his soul much less a "heart"

From the very first moment this event has been a political event and all the leeches been sucking blood: Scott; Fieger and now Sharpton. The Mayor maybe didn't want to join the throng of political opprtunists. Maybe "showing up" is a little bit over-rated and that shouldn't be our standard of effective leadership. Kilpartick was a great at showing up [[he trumpeted thisto the Dallas News recently - but he turned out just to be another opportunist.

[quote=lincoln8740;147219][quote=Brittz;147162]Now this heartless man is speaking ill of Fieger.

Who is heartless again?

Bing or Fieger?

I am sure Mr. Fieger will be donating the proceeds of any lawsuit to a trust fund in memory of the little girl.

Remember he gets a third plus expenses, I wonder how much actual money the family will get.

I truly feel sorry for you, if you believe that Feiger has a shred of compassion in his soul much less a "heart"
    Pity yourself.
    This thread was started about a heartless mayor of a major city with a horrible crime committed by its policemen in the shooting death of a seven year old beautiful little girl. A cold hearted man with a spokesman woman to match who was invisible Sunday. He does not get a pass!

I could care less about Fieger.
    How does the murder of an innocent child become a political event?