Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ronnie James Dio died!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8685851.stm

Hard rock cornerstone.... However, most people will know him as the voice behind:

Love is all [[at the butterfly ball).

Man, that was a hit when I was four, and has been a favorite of mine for years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_But...s_Feast_[[album)
    Last edited by Whitehouse; May-16-10 at 06:20 PM.

Very saddened by this news...Dio was a great rocker and from what I've read, a class act on AND offstage.

R.I.P Ronnie. Your voice will be missed.

If he was alive today, he'd be scratching at the roof of his coffin and yelling
    "get me out of here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    If he was alive today, he'd be scratching at the roof of his coffin and yelling
    "get me out of here!"
    Umm, so would anyone if they were alive and in a coffin.

Saw Ronnie two summers ago with Heaven and Hell, playing a 3+ hour set. Not bad for a bunch of guys in their 60s. You don't see that kind of dedication to the fans very often these days.

Thank you Ronnie, for years of great music. Horns up! \m/

I bet Gene Simmons takes responsibility [[ a running joke with Dio).

RIP, a good guy on and off the stage.

Bummer, dudes!!!

R.I.P., Ronnie James Dio, despite what the atheists have to say about the afterlife...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Bummer, dudes!!!

R.I.P., Ronnie James Dio, despite what the atheists have to say about the afterlife...
    Musicians and actors always have an afterlife as long as people still listen to or watch their work. [[That's my atheist take on the afterlife. )

Having been a fan since his early work with the band Elf, I was excited to have him as an in studio guest on my radio show back in the early 80's. A genuine good guy. He was really short, maybe 5'4", but a giant in the rock world.