Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Default Police accidentally shoot 7 year old girl in house search.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    This is absolutely horrible.
    I agree completely. My thoughts and prayers go out to the little girl's family.

Fidel Guest

Ron Scott did it. Wait for the scumbag cops, they'll try to hang this one on him too!

Fidel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    Right, because they intentionally killed her, right. Think before you say something.
    So I guess we're supposed to believe the story from the cops that a 46 year old woman wrestled the gun away from the 3 cops who entered the house, yea that sounds plausable?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
    So I guess we're supposed to believe the story from the cops that a 46 year old woman wrestled the gun away from the 3 cops who entered the house, yea that sounds plausable?
    Why wouldn't you believe their story? What makes you think that the police would be liars and the residents wouldn't lie? Give me a break...check out the warrant before you make statements like that. It sounds perfectly plausible to me that a 46 year old woman would try to wrestle the gun from a policeman to protect someone they are hiding...possibly a killer of a young Southeastern student. We're living in hard times Fidel, face it!

This is not the time or place, but I hope a clean investigation is done to make sure everything that happens next is done justly. The last thing we need is cover ups and the stories being skewed to protect people. Let justice prevail for once. This city deserves answers.

RIP Aiyana Stanley Jones--Your father is a good friend of ours, and we love you all.

Fidel Guest

"Why wouldn't you believe their story?"

First of all the 46 year old was not the suspect, someone else in the house was, and no not for one second do I believe that a 46 year old woman wrestled the gun away from a so-called professional law enforcement officer. Detroit police officers kill citizens at a higher rate than police in any other big US city, according to FBI statistics.

I don't know it's just a hunch.

I won't judge too soon. First I want to have the details.

Sad to hear she died.

neighbor Guest

Idiot. Nowhere in the story does it say she wrestled the gun away from anybody.

She [[ the 46 year old who should know better) struggles with the cop who went in with safety off and the gun went off ACCIDENTALLY shooting the girl.

Oh, by the way, the suspect WAS IN THE HOUSE!!!

New rule of thumb. If you don't want you kid killed on purpose or accidentally don't have a murder under your roof.

Story isn't complete yet. All I know for a fact is this poor girl died. Rest in peace, Aiyana.

This story is now on CNN's main page.

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor View Post

She [[ the 46 year old who should know better) struggles with the cop who went in with safety off and the gun went off ACCIDENTALLY shooting the girl.

Where did you find the information about the officer's safety no being engaged?

This is a direct quote from the article linked in the first post.

"The officer encountered the 46-year-old female, and at some point a struggle ensued, and the officer's weapon discharged," Godbee said.

Fidel Guest

Oh, by the way, the suspect WAS IN THE HOUSE!!!

New rule of thumb. If you don't want you kid killed on purpose or accidentally don't have a murder under your roof.
    It was a two family duplex, the cops killed the girl in the downstairs unit. The suspect was captured in the upper unit.

neighbor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
    The suspect was captured in the upper unit.
    and where exactly in the story does it say that?

All I see is the girls father saying that " [[he) and his relatives say that suspect wasn't in their apartment. Jones said police simultaneously raided the upstairs apartment, too"

Fidel Guest

All I see is the girls father saying that " [[he) and his relatives say that suspect wasn't in their apartment. Jones said police simultaneously raided the upstairs apartment, too"
    It doesn't say it in the story, Bora Kim just reported it on Channel 4, and now also by Cheryl Chodun on Channel 7. You wanna take back your stupid, insensitive remarks now genius?
    Last edited by Fidel; May-16-10 at 05:36 PM.

It's in the story.

"Police said they arrested the 34-year-old suspect in the shooting death of 17-year-old Jerean Blake, but Jones and his relatives say that suspect wasn't in their apartment. Jones said police simultaneously raided the upstairs apartment, too. "

If the warrant didn't differentiate between the upstairs and downstairs units, that's a big problem. Furthermore, according to Godbee, the police used a flash bang grenade to confuse and disorient the people inside. Flash bang grenades, as you can probably imagine, are incredibly loud. Between the noise and the smoke, it's quite possible that the Grandmother didn't hear the police or recognize their uniforms. From her perspective, she was probably doing what she could to protect those inside the home. All we can do is wait for further details that will, hopefully, shed more light unto the subject.

The only thing that we know for sure is that an innocent seven year old girl has lost her life. I hope that everything that happens after this is done to honor this child.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Why wouldn't you believe their story? What makes you think that the police would be liars and the residents wouldn't lie? Give me a break...check out the warrant before you make statements like that. It sounds perfectly plausible to me that a 46 year old woman would try to wrestle the gun from a policeman to protect someone they are hiding...possibly a killer of a young Southeastern student. We're living in hard times Fidel, face it!

i would wager you there are types like yourself that were first in line to lynch budsyn and nevers back in the malice green case.......

i feel sorry for all the people living in multi-tenant apartment buildings.... its open fire on anyone under the same roof i guess......

Why do we need Rambo type raids? The risk can outweigh the reward. Even one innocent persons death, particularly a child is too much.

You can't even defend the cops on this one, even if it's a complete accident. Reputations are ruined, trust is lost in the community. You just end up pissing everybody off, and relations don't improve.

What is the Southeastern connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post

neighbor Guest

Ok, ok, ok, I only read the one story. The cops were in the wrong unit. Why did the old lady "struggle" with the cop who's gun went off?

I get that it was an accident but if she would have just stayed on the couch chances are nobody gets shot.

In order to find the killer of an innocent 17 year old the police accidentally kill a 7 year old. Evans and the city are just going to have to bend over and take it on this one. Looks like taxes are going to go up after this one gets through the courts.

The worst part of this is that we have to hear Ron Scott for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What is the Southeastern connection?
    They were looking for the person that murdered a 17 yr old Southeastern HS student at Jefferson/St. Jean yesterday.

Default 7 Year Old

Ths is just another incident that will pour more fuel on the fire that is police-community relations in Detroit. Search raids are pretty dramatic and fast-paced events and they take place in confined spaces. I will wait until more details are available - including the 46 year old woman's version of events - before jumping to conclusions. At this point this is just a tragedy, whether it was caused by ill intent, poor training, negligence of the actions of the occupant remains to be seen.

A secondary tragedy is a week or more of kabuki drama that surrounds police-community flare-ups. I hope Ron Scott is ready for his closeups.

No excuse, no excuse, no excuse. Didn't they know there were children in that house before the raid? Police aren't supposed to shoot an innocent child under any circumstance. DPD is going to take it on the chin for this one and they deserve it.

Oh, I am so saddened to hear this along with all of the very young girl... here's the link regarding the Southeastern link:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23557784/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    They were looking for the person that murdered a 17 yr old Southeastern HS student at Jefferson/St. Jean yesterday.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-16-10 at 09:02 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast