Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Ferndale in 5-10 years

What will the followng cities be like in 5-10?

Ferndale
    Royal Oak
    Rochester
    Detroit
    Eastponte

Ferndale 2015

Population 27,000

82% White, 13% Black, 2.4% Hispanic

A homosexual community along the Woodward/ 9 Mile corridor will continue to flourish. They will expand within 5 city blocks north and south of 9 Mile Rd.

Ferndale attempts to annex Royal Oak Township, voters approved. Ferndale now has a small full blown black community at the 8 Mile/Wyoming Area.

Ferndale 2020

population

70% White 33% Black 3.1% Hispanic

A black/homosexual riot just happened on 9 Mile Rd. west of Woodward Ave. Affirmations, a homosexual club was first to be burned down before it spreads to other retial strips. Fewer homes and businesses destroyed west of Woodward Ave. Clean up is on the way. Urban development is in the works.

Homosexual community is over 7 neighborhood city blocks within each Woodward Ave and 9 Mile Rd area. Black community has spread further to the east side of Woodward Ave and pass Hilton Rd. and futher northeast to the I-969 FWY. What's left of the white community is at the north of 9 Mile Rd, west of Woodward Ave. and near Pleasant Ridge border.

Quote Originally Posted by defendbrooklyn View Post
    What will the followng cities be like in 5-10?

Ferndale
    Royal Oak
    Rochester
    Detroit
    Eastponte
    The warranty on my crystal ball has expired, but here's what it says:

Ferndale will grow slightly, struggle with the costs of administering the small suburb, and need serious help with revenue to continue to run.

Royal Oak will have sacrificed much of what was desirable about it by embarking on a series of big-ticket developments over the objections of its residents. Then it will struggle to provide services to those large developments, some of which will go vacant when the commercial real estate crash hits full swing.

Downtown Rochester will do OK, but the exurban areas around it will begin to show signs of wear.

Detroit will have certain zones where development will occur -- though it's the sort of mom-and-pop, small-business type development that the city leaders couldn't care less about. The real bonanza will be in giving sweetheart deals to big-ticket developers and urban agriculture business, the latter of which will flip their properties to big-ticket developers when the time is right. All these new developments will be empty within another 10 years.

Eastpointe will lose residents and will become majority African-American.

Oh, there's a hairline crack in my crystal ball. So I guess all that could be wrong.

I enjoyed these peeks into the crystal balls. Not that I entirely agree with them, but they're fun prognostications, nonetheless.

Ferndale attempts to annex Royal Oak Township, voters approved. Ferndale now has a small full blown black community at the 8 Mile/Wyoming Area.
    I can tell you we are chomping at the bit to annex Royal Oak Township. I just hope someone doesn't beat us to it!

Why do your future predictions refer to people of color and thier projected percentages?
    I'm so sick of skin color being a factor in todays world.

You know, in the year 2015, we'll all be on speed-dial. You'll just have to think of a person, they'll be talking to you.

Will people be able to breathe underwater in the year 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Why do your future predictions refer to people of color and thier projected percentages?
    Don't be jealous, Papa. You can talk about race too. All you have to do is not be a racist about it and you'll be fine.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Work to erase white privilege, then. People will talk about it as long as it matters.

Quote: "Work to erase white privilege,"

What privilege? Some folks need to work on the "I can't because" attitude, all race or creed inferred. Anyone can do anything they want to do.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Ferndale 2020

A black/homosexual riot just happened on 9 Mile Rd. west of Woodward Ave...
    What is the reason for predicting a "black/homosexual riot"? Was this intended as humor or is there some hostility brewing that we should know about?

A black/homosexual riot just happened on 9 Mile Rd. west of Woodward Ave. Affirmations, a homosexual club was first to be burned down before it spreads to other retial strips. Fewer homes and businesses destroyed west of Woodward Ave. Clean up is on the way. Urban development is in the works.
    That sounds ridiculous, hopefully you are joking.

Question.....
    ......in the 10 to 20 year time frame proposed, will Plesant Ridge cease to be a viable community and be annexed into Ferndale?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Question.....
    ......in the 10 to 20 year time frame proposed, will Plesant Ridge cease to be a viable community and be annexed into Ferndale?
    No - Pleasant Ridge has almost no overhead. They just need to get the west side tax situation corrected. As everywhere the taxes on the wealthy need to rise to correct for these years of wealth consolidation.

Question.....
    Ummm, I don't believe the folks in Pleasant Ridge would want that to happen, nor allow it.

Yeah Pleasant Ridge isn't a township, so why would it want to be annexed? It's like asking if the Grosse Pointes would want to be annexed to Detroit...

Granted it's been years since I lived there, but what's Plesant Ridge's tax base like? Through experience, I know a city can't live on property tax alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Downtown Rochester will do OK, but the exurban areas around it will begin to show signs of wear.

Oakland University will do a lot to stabilize the entire Rochester area just like Wayne has kept midtown alive.

Granted it's been years since I lived there, but what's Plesant Ridge's tax base like? Through experience, I know a city can't live on property tax alone.
    A lot of cities do and counties do. It depends on your level of expenditures.

Remember the school district and the county stuff get paid for outside of Pleasant Ridges budget.

Will it matter after 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Lombaowski View Post
    My god, that's RIGHT! The 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic will change everything as we know it!

Ferndale 2015

is that the blacks who are also homosexuals rioting?

or is it the blacks and homos rioting together?

or is it the blacks vs. the homosexuals.????

very confusing?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lombaowski View Post
    I'm still partying like it's 1999. So I reject that reality and substitute my own.

Default Just come out already Danny!

Your constant propaganda about gays or homosexuals amazes me.Its the same thing with all issues regarding race. Just come out and get it over with.
    Ferndale 2015

Population 27,000

82% White, 13% Black, 2.4% Hispanic

A homosexual community along the Woodward/ 9 Mile corridor will continue to flourish. They will expand within 5 city blocks north and south of 9 Mile Rd.

Ferndale 2020

population

70% White 33% Black 3.1% Hispanic

Homosexual community is over 7 neighborhood city blocks within each Woodward Ave and 9 Mile Rd area. Black community has spread further to the east side of Woodward Ave and pass Hilton Rd. and futher northeast to the I-969 FWY. What's left of the white community is at the north of 9 Mile Rd, west of Woodward Ave. and near Pleasant Ridge border.

It's too hard to say what will happen. It all depends on the kinds of jobs and industries we're able to attract to the region. If we can do a better job attracting new businesses, Ferndale will thrive. If not, the issues facing Detroit will metastasize into the inner suburbs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast