Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default If Detroit is "abuzz" tonight, it's because...

...a truckload of sex toys & lingerie were stolen:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010051...007/1001/rss01

I wonder what was going through the car thieves' minds when they found the "booty?"

LOL LOL LOL ahhhh thats just freakin funny

I suspect there will be a run on batteries resulting in a more relaxed populace.

Good point, Gnome. I hope Chief Evans is pleased with the potentially positive outcome of this crime.

The real question is - who buys this stuff from the flea market or on the street, gross. I can see a mrket for stolen raidos and tools, but sex toys......

I work for the company who had the truck stolen, so if anyone tries selling you a vibrator outside a tiger game please let me know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JJD View Post
    The real question is - who buys this stuff from the flea market or on the street, gross. I can see a mrket for stolen raidos and tools, but sex toys......
    Most sex toys are sold in packaging, so it's not really that gross to buy it 'hot'

It's not like you're buying a dirt encrusted double-ender off some random crackhead on Fenkell...

Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    Most sex toys are sold in packaging, so it's not really that gross to buy it 'hot'

It's not like you're buying a dirt encrusted double-ender off some random crackhead on Fenkell...
    Exactly. Like anything else, if the seal is broken, just say no.

Not really enjoying the visual khartoum.

Quote Originally Posted by Khartoum View Post
    Quote of the year, straight up!

Some of this stuff was RECOVERED!

It was in this morning's Freep on-line, but now I cannot find it.

Some drug dealer's house was raided, they got the cocaine and cashola...and then a number of boxes of curious stolen merchandise!

Cheers to the Detroit Police, now they've got another story to tell...