Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default MotorCity Makeover/Historic Fort Wayne Coalition

I am always reading on this forum how people bitch and moan about the condition of the city of Detroit, and how nothing ever gets done about it. Here is your chance to help improve the look of the area around Delray and Fort Wayne, which will help to improve not only the look of the neighborhood but help make one of Detroit's most historic venues, Fort Wayne, more appealing to the many who will be visiting there this year.

On Saturday, May 15, from 9am to 3pm, both the MCM and HFWC will be hosting a clean-up of both Livernois and Dragoon, from Fort Street to Jefferson. The overgrowth will be removed from the sidewalks and the MCM folks will be cleaning out the industrial complexes[[sp?) on the east side of Livernois and the west side of Dragoon. This an an important project as the HFWC has sought MCM's help for over two years and we have finally secured their assistance in this project! We are and will be forever grateful that MCM have volunteered to help, and we hope to have a large constituent of volunteers on site to help make the job go that much quicker.

Please respond here to this thread if you are interested in helping out, as we can use all the assistance that we can get. This is a significant opportunity to help take back the area from the garbage dumpers who have been using this as a dumping gtround for the last 20 years or so. As there are families living on both the streets, I am sure they would be glad to have the help to improve their neighborhood and their quailty of life a bit.

Thanks for reading, and, as always, we look forward to seeing you at the Fort!

PlymouthRes
    Vice Chairman, HFWC

***Bump***

I don't think we can make it, Res...but I hope it goes well.

Sounds Great! I wish I could go.

Res and French, Are you going to the picnic?

Stromberg2

Friday morning bump! Thanks to all of those who viewed this post and to those who have responded.

The weather looks like it is going to cooperate, so it should be a great day to donate your time to a great cause! Please come out and help us to clean up the area leading down to the Fort!

Hope to see you on Saturday.

I can not go. My Wayne State Orientation is all day saturday.

I want to join, what do i do?

MOTROIT-

Thanks for responding. I apologize for not being more specific. Please show up at the Fort [[Jefferson and Livernois) around 9 am and there will be people there to guide you to the work area. We appreciate your support and welcome everyone to help out!

Ask around for me and make sure you introduce yourself!

No problem, French! I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities coming up.

Stromberg-

I apologize for not responding sooner. The picnic is still up in the air for us. I am desperately attempting to clear the calander.....

Thanks again to all, and see you at the Fort!