Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Downtown Detroit living [[please help)

has anyone lived at, or have any insider info on the following places downtown: Lofts @ Woodward Center, Lofts at Merchant's Row, Kales Building, Washington Square apartments, or the Millender Center apartments.

I've lived in the Kale's Building with my wife for a year. The management is attentive and the pricing is pretty good. The gym is acceptable, but you'd be better off getting a membership at the Y. The parking situation is close to ideal [[underground, gated, with a tunnel connecting it to the building). If you get in a high enough floor the views are pretty awesome. I've recommended it to anyone who asks.

I agree with the above appraisal of the Kales, I lived there a couple years back and had a good experience. Management was always accomodating and it was a great location for working downtown and enjoying city life.

I've had a couple friends in the Woodward Lofts, and they have been relatively happy with the management and their neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    has anyone lived at, or have any insider info on the following places downtown: Lofts @ Woodward Center, Lofts at Merchant's Row, Kales Building, Washington Square apartments, or the Millender Center apartments.
    I currently moved into the Millender. The weight room has everything you need for the most part but it isn't anything special. The view is awesome on both sides in my opinion. Parking is a bit expensive but it is very convenient... but you could always get a pass at neighboring parking structures.

Not on your list, but I once lived in The Pavilion and it was an awesome experience. Highly recommended!

I've been living at Washington Square for the last 6 months. With the ongoing renovations there seems to be something new added everyday. Staff is very friendly and attentive. The location, view, and parking are the best features.