Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Small Production City/ Which movie is it?

I was awakened early this morning with a small army of trucks, trailers, generators, etc. being setup on Wayne State's parking lot. The parking lot on the corner of Prentis and Cass, across from Cass Cafe looks like a small city. There are probably 20 trucks and trailers set up.

Anyone have any idea which movie is being shot and how long they will be there?

One thing that makes me nervous: I see a HUGE generator parked there in the corner of the lot. Damn I hope they don't run that thing 24 hours a day. Doesn't look too "sleep friendly."
    Last edited by jhartmich; May-09-10 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Added pictures.

Default The Firefight

Decided to get off my butt and walk outside.

They are shooting Firefight, the sequel to Swat. Shooting at Marcus Market today; shooting at the Bronx on Monday, and maybe a street scene Monday and Tuesday.

I was making my runs on my bike today, to go to Goodwell's for vegetarian meat then Kim's for produce then back over to Marcus Market for some random stuff. I saw that they are filming the movie. There are people literally everywhere in the Marcus parking lot. I locked my bike up to go into the market and some dude come and yells at me, says the store is closed. I asked why and he just says "it'll be open tomorrow" I keep asking why is it closed, and he simply would not respond. I must have asked 5 or 6 times. And he just looks at me and says nothing and walks away while i keep asking. Wow. what a jerk. I then heard some people mumbling to not piss off the "locals." Well I am a little pissed off, and this is not the first time I have been harassed by film staff in the city. The Red Dawn filming was the worst. I couldn't even get to the transit center without being harassed by multiple staff people. They think they can come into our city and do whatever the hell they want, well they can't! I'm all for the film credits and what not, but they really need to learn how to treat locals with RESPECT, and that means telling them exactly why the store is closed when they ask.

With that said, the main staff people who I have had problems with in the past, are security staff, which is understandable. So I'm not all up in arms, but still, they should be more polite when telling LOCALS that their LOCAL store is closed for the day. The other staff people are nice and I saw some walking around Midtown and a couple women asked me advice on a good bar... too bad they are using the Bronx.

Anyway, sorry to rant. Good = filming in Midtown. Bad = treating the locals like shit. Good = conversing with the locals, answering their questions when they ask. Bad = completely ignoring the locals questions and concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    I was making my runs on my bike today, to go to Goodwell's for vegetarian meat then Kim's for produce then back over to Marcus Market for some random stuff. I saw that they are filming the movie. There are people literally everywhere in the Marcus parking lot. I locked my bike up to go into the market and some dude come and yells at me, says the store is closed. I asked why and he just says "it'll be open tomorrow" I keep asking why is it closed, and he simply would not respond. I must have asked 5 or 6 times. And he just looks at me and says nothing and walks away while i keep asking. Wow. what a jerk. I then heard some people mumbling to not piss off the "locals." Well I am a little pissed off, and this is not the first time I have been harassed by film staff in the city. The Red Dawn filming was the worst. I couldn't even get to the transit center without being harassed by multiple staff people. They think they can come into our city and do whatever the hell they want, well they can't! I'm all for the film credits and what not, but they really need to learn how to treat locals with RESPECT, and that means telling them exactly why the store is closed when they ask.

With that said, the main staff people who I have had problems with in the past, are security staff, which is understandable. So I'm not all up in arms, but still, they should be more polite when telling LOCALS that their LOCAL store is closed for the day. The other staff people are nice and I saw some walking around Midtown and a couple women asked me advice on a good bar... too bad they are using the Bronx.

Anyway, sorry to rant. Good = filming in Midtown. Bad = treating the locals like shit. Good = conversing with the locals, answering their questions when they ask. Bad = completely ignoring the locals questions and concerns.
    I've been yelled at by film crews before. It's kind of bogus when you're walking down YOUR street and a film crew yells at you to not walk through the area where they're filming. They should be courteous. This is Detroit, not Hollywood, so you do have to explain why things are closed and what's happening in a polite tone.

to go to Goodwell's for vegetarian meat
    What is vegetarian meat? Is it tofu based or what?

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Probably lamb...

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Meat carved from the carcass of a vegetarian.