Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Mista Alan Guest

Default Guardian Building Secrets?

Is the $3 million a year in savings from no longer having to lease back the Wayne County Building?

Mista Alan Guest

Likely, but how many years until you see that savings, given that you just plunked down 47 mil?

Lets see, a very simple ROI would be: 47/3=15.67 years. A pretty good use of money when you're not even considering inflation, interest rates, etc. and planning to stay way longer than that.

Has anyone ever revealed the extent of the asbestos abatement that took place last year?! Every night there was a train of trucks lined up to take the stuff out...HUGE dump trucks.

That was the source of their unexpected cost overruns...and it got buried. I never heard any news reporting on asbestos removal from the Guardian Building.

But I know it happened. I stayed around Eph's and gave my phone number to the workers...and fed more than a few of them.