Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone remember a Faygo flavor called Up Town? I saw an old sign advertising it, but have no idea what kind of flavor it was. I believe there's a lemon in the picture as well but the sign is REALLY faded.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3325/...7aa95465_b.jpg

There's a 1950's commercial for Faygo Uptown at this link, as well as other clips:
    http://www.faygo.com/Display.aspx?id=22

I remember going to the Towne Club store in Pontiac as a kid. It shared half of a building with Kennedy's Bar. Eventually the store shut down. Kennedy's busted out the wall & expanded to the whole building. I remember the store as being kind of a dumpy place filled with all kinds of different flavors of pop. It seems they didn't get too much business as everything always seemed to have a coat of dust on it. We didn't go that often. Only when we're having a big party & needed alot of pop.
    Last edited by jackie5275; May-17-10 at 10:13 AM. Reason: add info

There was also a place called Dossin Pop Stop, same concept as Towne Club. It was on Mack and 8 1/2 Mile. A couple of football players from St. Ambrose worked there.

There was a Town Club in Southgate and we would go once in awhile when I was a kid. I loved being able to get a variety of flavors and we didn't get pop that often, usually for special occasions. But the last time we went, I was drinking a bottle and someone said, "what's in that bottle?" Apparently it hadn't been cleaned well, and there was stringy stuff growing from the bottom. Gross!!! We never went back after that.

At one time, Dossin's was the bottler of Pepsi-cola in Detroit .

Stosh Guest

The store by my house has Towne Club 2 liters, in the bargain pop bin.
    Guess that didn't go over too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    The Towne Club stores were fun, but I really miss Atlas. Going right to the factory where they made it was a real treat. Loaded up on the Bull Dog Ginger Beer.
    Everytime my Dad took us to Scotty's Fish and Chips [[Plymouth and Outer Drive I think) I would always order the Bulldog Ginger Beer. I loved that stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcove Magnesia View Post
    Towne Club still exists??
    Yes it does.
    I buy it at Glory Supermarket in Hamtramck.

I have bought Towne Club at a few places around my neighborhood. Another simular pop was the Whistle Stop Pop Shop. I only remember the one on Joy Rd Btw Evergreen and Southfield..I belive that closed up after an explosion in the bakery next door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2