Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 'Let It Rip' Broadcast: Scott vs. Police Chief!

The discussion between Scott and Evans got heated to say the least! Lots of heat, maybe a bit of light? Video in its entirety below....

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-may-6%2C-2010

My total support goes to Detroit Police Chief Warren Evans and the entire Detroit Police Department. May God watch over and protect all of you as you do the great job that you do! Thank you for doing everything you can to keep the streets of Detroit safe for the citizens.

My prayers are with Officer Brian Huff 's family members and the other injured officers.

DC48080 Guest

Nobody condones police brutality. But this was not a case of police brutality, it was a case of brutality against a police officer.

Why doesn't Ron Scott speak out about violence against officers? It is because he has an axe to grind.

He should keep his ignorant and insensitive comments to himself. He lost any credibility his "organization" had with his stupid rhetoric.

I couldnt agree more with DC... Scott represents that element [[ appears to be dwindling hopefully) in Detroit that seems to think they can use the typical. brutality, bating comments to their advantage. The killer was simply lawless trash and needs to be treated accordingly, as does anyone else behaving the same way. Enough for protecting these people, they dont deserve it.
    Evans lives in my building downtown, and I have had a few casual conversations with him. He does not have any interest in protecting self serving elements in this city who seem to think they can get way with anthing.. A crime is a crime. no matter who commits it. Its about time we got someone with common sense in. I just hopes he stays awhile. Good for him.Thought and prayers to the fallen and injured officers, . they really are the true heroes in this city.

My sentiments exactly!

I wrote on another thread that I have first-hand knowledge of the kind of crazy people that Ron Scott brings into his "coalition." My next door neighbor - 60 years old, entirely crazy, manic and aggrieved because she was arrested in an incident when her record was checked and it turned out she was wanted on an assault warrent in Melvindale [[she spent a few hours in the 4th Precinct lock-up) harangued and harrassed the DPD for a false arrest, brought a lawsuit for false arrest twice and when she lost both times, joined Ron Scott's group. She was filmed on Fort St with him, protesting the DPD with a sign that insulted the DPD as pigs. She's the sort of person, with no shame, that Scott brings around to break up Police Commission meetings. He is not what he seems to be. He is a guy who like the media and can't wait to get his name in it.

In this "Rip" video he talks about two people who are afraid that shooting is going to start because of the Chief's "zero-tolerance" policy. I bet those two people came from his crazy posse and were prompted by him. That's how he tries to give credibilty and distance to his personal agenda..

It's past time for some zero tolerance.
    Just because you might be poor or have a drug habit is no excuse to rip off other people. Do the crime, do the time.

I 100% agree with you all. My dozen or so years in Detroit I was a supporter always of the police. They have such a thankless job. Once I was upstairs reading in my Detroit house and heard some kind of carryings-on outside and a serious argument or fight had broken out in a neighboring house. A police car arrived on the scene and I believe a single officer tried talking to a male offender in the fight, the man began wrestling with the officer, obviously trying to get the officer's gun away from him. Right away I called 911 and another car or two showed up. Another officer pulled her gun on the offender and the incident eventually ended without any injuries. In that one incident I hope that my call was helpful, in no way did I want to see the officer hurt or killed by the creep - the police merely showed up to try to calm down a bad family situation.

I agree with what everyone is saying here. I never thought I'd see the day when people would even think about jumping back at a police officer. These days, the criminal has more rights than the officer. And without a doubt, the ones that want to prosecute the officer for offending his/her rights, guarenteed, they would be the first one to call a cop if they were in need of an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Sue Bridges View Post
    I agree with what everyone is saying here. I never thought I'd see the day when people would even think about jumping back at a police officer. These days, the criminal has more rights than the officer. And without a doubt, the ones that want to prosecute the officer for offending his/her rights, guarenteed, they would be the first one to call a cop if they were in need of an officer.
    As opposed to what Johnnie Sue Bridges? the days when police officers could get away scott free verbally and physically abusing suspects and trumping up charges....we go back to that and there will be more dead police officers...read Who Killed Detroit by former Police Commissioner Johannes Spreen who was crittical of police tactics and behaviours during the sixties....

A while back I wrote Ron Scotts organization expressing gratitude for the ornganization he founded...It exists for a REASON. I had my own humiliating unfortunate encounter with plainclothes piggies in an unmarked car back in 98...based on their demeanor and language I thought they were junkies posing as cops, or they thought, because of the area I was in that I was a homosexual and they didnt like gays,I protested, not going to share all that was said and done, they knew they were wrong, was even told they :"would drop this if I showed up for court" Cops have been fired and penalized for doing less than what was done to me....my bond was dropped and returned..was inconvenienced by court, my case was thrown out....I called one attorney, in hindsight I should have made a written complaint to go with my verbal complaint....
    If I met Ron Scott I WOULD SHAKE HIS HAND AND EXPRESS GRATITUDE! I don not trust the police in Detroit.. in the Who Killed Detroit book a friend of the former police commissioner said that the city hires citizens that the police "used to arrest" THE ANIMOSITY AND MISTRUST TOWARD THE POLICE IN DETROIT IS THERE FOR A REASON!

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I wrote on another thread that I have first-hand knowledge of the kind of crazy people that Ron Scott brings into his "coalition." My next door neighbor - 60 years old, entirely crazy, manic and aggrieved because she was arrested in an incident when her record was checked and it turned out she was wanted on an assault warrent in Melvindale [[she spent a few hours in the 4th Precinct lock-up) harangued and harrassed the DPD for a false arrest, brought a lawsuit for false arrest twice and when she lost both times, joined Ron Scott's group. She was filmed on Fort St with him, protesting the DPD with a sign that insulted the DPD as pigs. She's the sort of person, with no shame, that Scott brings around to break up Police Commission meetings. He is not what he seems to be. He is a guy who like the media and can't wait to get his name in it.

In this "Rip" video he talks about two people who are afraid that shooting is going to start because of the Chief's "zero-tolerance" policy. I bet those two people came from his crazy posse and were prompted by him. That's how he tries to give credibilty and distance to his personal agenda..
    Looks like terryh may as well add his name to Ron's list.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Looks like terryh may as well add his name to Ron's list.
    Its ok for the police to abuse their authority as long as it happens to other people and their loved ones.... right Stosh? I like how many people like to pretend there isnt an issue with police misconduct, abuse corruption and neglect in our cities....

So the Chief has a "zero tolerance" policy - for what exactly? 'm in the city five or six days a week. Only difference that's apparant to me is more cops giving speeding tickets. How about making a dent in the open air drug markets that are all over the damm city.

This is the deal with Ron Scott: He is a flopper.

Just like Bill Lambier.

Ron Scott pokes you in the eye, steps on your foot, elbows you in the kidneys and then when you react ... he throughs his head back, his arms in the air and points out your violent behavior.

Just like Bill Lambier goaded his opponents to the point when they would loose their cool and take their minds off the game.

We loved Lambier because he was on our side, but he still was a flopper.

Same with Ron Scott, he goads his opponents to garner a reaction, then pleads to the ref for justice. Flopper.

Yeah, the "zero tolerance" policy is somewhat hot air. Recall Cheif Ella Bully "bullet-coming-to-you" [[from criminals) Cummings ineffective rhetoric about "knowing" where the criminals were, yah-dah. Well, uh-hmm to her defense, she was too busy doing damage control for KK to be effective. And the criminals KNEW THIS.

Now we have this... more crime and a core inability to effect and apply prosecution of criminal apprehended... more justification given to criminals to ply their trade... mind you I understand many have a love/ hate feeling for the police. I get that though I tend to deal with them without a lot of negative feelings -- and fairly if they deal with my likewise.

I find make it a point to get to know the officers in my neighborhood and they seem to respond well to that. But the "zero tolerance" is rhetorical to some extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    So the Chief has a "zero tolerance" policy - for what exactly? 'm in the city five or six days a week. Only difference that's apparant to me is more cops giving speeding tickets. How about making a dent in the open air drug markets that are all over the damm city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-08-10 at 07:07 AM.

Excellent points! And sadly Scott cannot control some of the barnacles, and flotsum that have latched onto his movement. Some of which have their own axe of "justification" to grind!
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    This is the deal with Ron Scott: He is a flopper.

Just like Bill Lambier.

Ron Scott pokes you in the eye, steps on your foot, elbows you in the kidneys and then when you react ... he throughs his head back, his arms in the air and points out your violent behavior.

Just like Bill Lambier goaded his opponents to the point when they would loose their cool and take their minds off the game.

We loved Lambier because he was on our side, but he still was a flopper.

Same with Ron Scott, he goads his opponents to garner a reaction, then pleads to the ref for justice. Flopper.

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    A while back I wrote Ron Scotts organization expressing gratitude for the ornganization he founded...It exists for a REASON. I had my own humiliating unfortunate encounter with plainclothes piggies in an unmarked car back in 98...based on their demeanor and language I thought they were junkies posing as cops, or they thought, because of the area I was in that I was a homosexual and they didnt like gays,I protested, not going to share all that was said and done, they knew they were wrong, was even told they :"would drop this if I showed up for court" Cops have been fired and penalized for doing less than what was done to me....my bond was dropped and returned..was inconvenienced by court, my case was thrown out....I called one attorney, in hindsight I should have made a written complaint to go with my verbal complaint....
    If I met Ron Scott I WOULD SHAKE HIS HAND AND EXPRESS GRATITUDE! I don not trust the police in Detroit.. in the Who Killed Detroit book a friend of the former police commissioner said that the city hires citizens that the police "used to arrest" THE ANIMOSITY AND MISTRUST TOWARD THE POLICE IN DETROIT IS THERE FOR A REASON!
    Fact: DPD hires people with criminal records. Enough said.