Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Politics...

Default Politics...

I'm not American but if I was I sure would lean to the left side. And seeing the American politics from a distance is looking at one monster blowing itself up and the other is gloating with pleasure. The Republicans are looking more and more desperate now they fail to attack Obama more and more and on the right side they get torn apart by teabaggers.

- Healthcare reform: Drats! he did it.
    - Oilspill; damn, he gave the correct response.
    - Mess at Wallstreet; reform underway. Republicans don't know what to do with this one. On the one hand their pockets are lined with Wallstreet cash but doing nothing about the situation cannot be sold to the voters.

I love this quote. Seems the Teaparty is over the hill as well.

Event organizers did not release attendance figures, but the 5,800-capacity arena appeared about half full.
    Earlier Saturday, Palin spoke to about 2,000 people at an anti-tax forum north of Detroit, urging Michigan conservatives to look at upcoming state elections as an opportunity to put their candidates in place to cut federal spending and repeal the new federal health care law.
    Her appearance came as Obama gave a graduation speech before 80,000 people at the University of Michigan, in which he cautioned against the danger of inflammatory rhetoric that could lead to violence.
    Source.

Did she really think it would be popular to talk about less government spending in a city that really needs a lot more money than it gets?

You views.

It appears you have read the Cliftsnotes version of what is going on and who lined which pocket.

Palin spoke in far northern Oakland County in a small town of about 10,000 people. The lives lead in this mainly farming community is much different from the lives lead within the city limits of Detroit.

To draw a "if this then that" comparison is ill-advised; this comes from someone who dislikes Palin in the extreme.

It's complicated. Dissent and concern over policy and world events is not so easily summed up as those "conservatives" complaining and whining. The right-wing does not OWN every concern or critique out there expressed.

The more formidable composite [[and harder to dismiss) of citizens speaking up is additionally comprised of democrats, independents, moderates [[who may share some or have some so-called "conservative" ideas) and others who do not "endorse" every action or response coming fromm the white house or local government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    I'm not American but if I was I sure would lean to the left side. And seeing the American politics from a distance is looking at one monster blowing itself up and the other is gloating with pleasure. The Republicans are looking more and more desperate now they fail to attack Obama more and more and on the right side they get torn apart by teabaggers.

- Healthcare reform: Drats! he did it.
    - Oilspill; damn, he gave the correct response.
    - Mess at Wallstreet; reform underway. Republicans don't know what to do with this one. On the one hand their pockets are lined with Wallstreet cash but doing nothing about the situation cannot be sold to the voters.

I love this quote. Seems the Teaparty is over the hill as well.

Source.

Did she really think it would be popular to talk about less government spending in a city that really needs a lot more money than it gets?

You views.

As I see it conservatives want national defense, good roads, the space program, Social Security, Medicare, good public schools, safe food and a clean environment as long as they don't have to pay for it. Or as long as they can get someone to do it for minimum wage which they would like to be around $5/hr. Conservativism today speaks to the selfishness and generally the worst in people.