Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Motor City Makeover

http://www.detroitmi.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=129

Mention Motor City Makeover projects here.
    Especially contact information for volunteers, no project is too small to mention.

Bearinabox Guest

They changed the name back? I thought it was called something else now.

Are there any groups cleaning up the Livernois [[NW) district that I can join? I'd love to volunteer, but I am car-less.

Wow, this is very sad.
    Motor City Makeover gets no discussion.

DetroitDad Guest

Hey, Downtown Detroit is this weekend!

Well, I have on my calendar for this Saturday:
    from the Friends of Belle Isle Aquarium Facebook Page- So what's next? How can you help, you ask? Saturday, May 8th, 9 am - we will be meeting at the Aquarium to prioritize what needs to be done - weeding, edging, landscaping, cleaning; scraping, glazing & fixing windows; all the stuff that's more fun to do somewhere other than your own home! If you have a skill that would help in any of these areas... we need you - and if you don't, we need you anyway!

Also this Saturday, found the link on Creekside Community Development's Facebook Page, sounds like fun;
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...8013765&ref=mf
    Live Painting for outdoor gallery : Motor City Makeover
    Date:
    Saturday, May 8, 2010
    Time:
    9:00am - 5:00pm
    Crown Cleaners lot near Jefferson and Chalmers
    Description
    If you love the East side and love to paint this is for you! come out saturday morning and spend the day painting 4x8 foot panels for an outdoor gallery. The theme is peace through communication with nature. We have some paint. I would however strongly encourage you to bring some supplies as well. If anyone has any paint or other supplies to donate please let us know! We will be painting outdoors somewhere near the lot and indoors in a studio if it happens to rain. If anyone wants to help with the landscaping aspect rahter than paint, ALL volunteers ARE WELCOME!

the St. Albertus Clean-Up on the 15th:
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?p=140921

and this on the 22nd:
    "Canine To Five is planning a big clean up project for Peterboro between Cass and Second on Saturday, May 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free dog daycare that day" from their Facebook page

Maybe I can help with the Canine to Five cleanup

Keep Cody Rouge Clean

Join us on Saturday to clean up our community! May 22nd 9am-1pm Rain Date: May 29th

Select one of these three neighborhoods and sign-up today!
    *Warrendale - Meet at CVS Pharmacy 19851 W Warren & Evergreem

*Franklin Park - Meet at Don Bosco Hall CRC 19321 W Chicago & Westwood

*Weatherby - Meet at Mary's #1 Grill 20804 Plymouth & Burt Rd

To volunteer contact Tina 1-800-670-9115

Tools, gloves and supplies will be available on site.