Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Woman files petition to recall Conyers

While IMHO Mrs. Conyers should not even hold a seat, much less be the President of the City Council, a recall is not the answer. The general election will take care of it, if the people choose to remove her. A recall election would only add to the deficit of the city, and would probably fail. Money is better spent campaigning FOR an opponent.

If she were recalled, and then she ran in the August primary and November election and got re-elected, we'd just have to recall her all over again. I agree, put the energy towards ensuring that she is not re-elected.

Retroit Guest

I hope that Carolyn Smith [[the petition filer) is not white. Otherwise this will only help Moronica "The Racist Monger" Conyours.

Stosh Guest

I couldn't help laughing when they showed a blurb for the 11 PM Fox2 newscast.

Her logic was somthing like this. She felt that MC was either on drugs, or dog food.

I don't get it either, but I like the comparison.

diver1369 Guest

She seemed like an honorable woman who is outraged at Monica's behavior on the Council, especially her personal attacks of fellow Council members. She adopted and raised a houseful of kids in her life and deserves accolades for being there when she was needed.

Not to knock Ms. Smith because she is correct about Ms. Conyers' behavior but I am curious if Smith herself is running for City Council? I say this only because this is an election year and you don't issue a recall in an election year. In less than 4 months from now, Detroiters can throw Conyers out of office at the end of the year. No recall is necessary unless you are trying to get your name out there for public reasons. That's my opinion.

If Mon Con wasn't on the council, Then this site would be devoid of half its content.

lilpup Guest

Nah, there would be something else. Mon Con wasn't mentioned all that much until KK disappeared.

Picking up the trash one piece at a time.

This gives me hope in the future of the city and it's people. Although at this point I agree that we ought to just wait until the election.

Stosh Guest

Here's a link to the page and video of FOX 2 news coverage of this:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...gainst_Conyers

diver1369 Guest

I agree with you R&RBOB. The election is too close to bother with a recall. It's good to see someone in Detroit responding tho' to Monica's behavior and call it into question. It also serves the purpose of galvanizing opposition to her candidacy.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    I agree with you R&RBOB. The election is too close to bother with a recall. It's good to see someone in Detroit responding tho' to Monica's behavior and call it into question. It also serves the purpose of galvanizing opposition to her candidacy.
    Instead of calling for a recall, Ms. Smith should use her energy to rally people not to vote for Conyers in August. I know it is moot because she will be in the final 18 but it is worth the try.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    If Mon Con wasn't on the council, Then this site would be devoid of half its content.
    Which would probably be a good thing since some of the content on this site can be as ignorant as MonCon is.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRex View Post
    Another $5 says she's a "proud" DPS grad, based upon her spelling and grammar.
    You were okay until you had to knock DPS graduates. I am a "proud" DPS graduate, c/o 1989. Not all graduates of Detroit Public Schools are lacking in spelling and grammar, my friend. Don't lump those with knowledge with those who are lacking. It is insulting.

My knock wasn't meant to be against DPS grads in general. It was directed at this one particular grad and more generally at Detroit voters who elected Monica in the first place, who don't understand recall laws and who don't take the time to learn about them or even proofread official documents.

Incidentally, they're the same voters who elected the alleged-Reverend Murray to the school board. Now there's something to be proud of.
    Like I said, I agree with what you said. I posted earlier that I question the actions of this woman. I wonder if she is running for City Council and attempting to get her name out there for name recognition in August. Calling for a recall is not only silly but counterproductive seeing that we have an upcoming primary in August. And yes, she probably did write that petition on a grease-stained napkin. The grammar errors were hilarious and the Free Press shamelessly printed them out verbatim.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; April-23-09 at 01:17 PM.

diver1369 Guest

My knock wasn't meant to be against DPS grads in general. It was directed at this one particular grad and more generally at Detroit voters who elected Monica in the first place, who don't understand recall laws and who don't take the time to learn about them or even proofread official documents.

Incidentally, they're the same voters who elected the alleged-Reverend Murray to the school board. Now there's something to be proud of.
    Hey, Hitler was voted into office too but I doubt any DPS graduates had anything to do with it.

diver1369 Guest

You're complaining about the people voted into office by DPS grads. I'm just saying they didn't vote for someone comparable to Hitler.