Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ten local authors signing at the Book-A-Thon this Saturday

Hello DetroitYes!
    For those of you folks that don’t know me, my name is Johnnie Sue Bridges and I am a local author.

I would like to personally invite all of you to come celebrate with me at the
    Book-A-Thon
    this Saturday, May 8th at the Maplewood Community Center in Garden City, Michigan.

I will be there signing my first two books of my series:

Shadows And Scars
    &
    Motown Girl Sister Golden Hair

Book one: Shadows And Scars chronicles my journey from Middlesboro, Kentucky, as my family migrated to Detroit’s East side in the year of 1968, right after the riots.

Book two: Motown Girl Sister Golden Hair continues the series as we moved to the West side of Detroit during the early 70s. The neighborhoods were full of people that watched out for each other, while the sound of Motown and psychedelic music filled the airwaves—charting a time and a place like non other, in my opinion.

Book three: Run BabyGirl Run is soon to be released. This book is a continuation of my traipsing through the 70s. There was entirely too much stuff happening during those years to capture in just one book. The title speaks for itself.

Come join me along with nine other writers from the Detroit area. We all will be chatting with our readers and signing your books for you. So reach out and show some support for your local authors.

Featured author’s are:
    1. Saunda N. Cunningham [[Our Book-A-Thon host)
    "Who am I?”
    2. Johnnie Sue Bridges
    “Shadows And Scars”
    “Motown Girl Sister Golden Hair”
    “Run BabyGirl Run” Soon to be released!
    3. Corinne E. Frontiero
    “Moving Forward”
    4. Cornell R. Amerson
    “Janitors Secret”
    5. Cherry Scott Jones
    “365 Days of Prayer”
    6. Carla M. Thompson
    “The Busy Woman’s Pocket Guide to Safety”
    7. Christina Reyes
    “From Michigan to Harvard”
    8. Dione Johnson
    “A Gift for Life”
    9. C.L. Rossman
    “The Mission to Earth”
    10. Velonda Thompson
    “Calm Under fire”

Also, there will be a very special guest: my husband, Motown’s very own recording artist—Gil Bridges of Rare Earth. Gil will be there to show his support by meeting and greeting his fans and autographing free photos of the band.

I am looking forward to meeting all the folks that I chat with from DetroitYes!
    Hope to see you there.
    God Bless
    Johnnie Sue Bridges

The Book-A-Thon exhibit is free and open to the public from 1:00pm to 5pm.
    Maplewood Community Center
    31735 Maplewood
    Garden City, Michigan, 48135
    Last edited by Johnnie Sue Bridges; May-04-10 at 02:24 PM.

Sounds like an awesome event!

DetroitDad Guest

Garden City...?

The wife is taking the car this weekend!

Grrrr...

lalyncy, it will be a lot of, hope to see you there. DetroitDad, I am sorry you won't be there. Perhaps the next event.