Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gulf Oil Spill - Act of god!

Geez, not only is god upset at gays for being so queer, and women for being well you know, women. but now he's brought another catastrophe upon us in the form of a huge, man made, oil spill, according to an expert on all matters pertaining to god from somewhere down in Texas. Not bad enough we had to pay the price with hurricanes and an assortment of earthquakes, but now it's this. When will man learn to again make human sacrifices and exterminate opposing tribes to appease god, to satisfy him and keep him from killing more of us than we do?

Evidently, some god doesn't like Yazoo City, MS either.

No! It's an act of doing "nothing" relying on the small cap "g"ods....
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Geez, not only is god upset at gays for being so queer, and women for being well you know, women. but now he's brought another catastrophe upon us in the form of a huge, man made, oil spill, according to an expert on all matters pertaining to god from somewhere down in Texas. Not bad enough we had to pay the price with hurricanes and an assortment of earthquakes, but now it's this. When will man learn to again make human sacrifices and exterminate opposing tribes to appease god, to satisfy him and keep him from killing more of us than we do?
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-05-10 at 05:21 AM.

yeah, act of WHOSE "god"

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    yeah, act of WHOSE "god"
    Well, considering that the person who made the statement is a Christian, I would think that he is accusing Jesus of having something to do with it...

Retroit Guest

Some Christians [[not all and not myself) believe that everything is a deliberate act of God. This derives from the Jewish belief, as shown in the Old Testament, that God is responsible for all the good and bad that befell people at the time.

Gulf oil spill setback: First effort to place dome falls short
    A mammoth white containment dome placed over a leaking oil well 5,000 feet below the surface of the Gulf of Mexico had to be moved away from the well Saturday after ice-like crystals clogged the massive steel-and-concrete box....

To try to contain the spill, engineers hoped to thread a slot in the dome over the well's main leaking pipe, then let the dome sink into the mud, creating a water-tight seal. After that, engineers planned to hook a pipeline to it and pump the oil it collects into a waiting barge....

He warned the most daunting part of the process would entail pumping warm water down the hose to keep the oil fluid in the chilly seawater. At that depth and pressure, ice-like crystals can form that make it harder to pump, which is what happened Saturday.

By using the term "ice-like," I assume this is not actual water ice? Can anyone explain the chemistry? How cold does it get at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico this time of year and why?

Also, shouldn't they have the pipeline connected and the pump operating as they position the dome? I assume they already know the pressure of the oil since they were operating normally before the explosion.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-08-10 at 08:08 PM.

Act of god ? How about an act of BP and god is just letting man know what happens when man doesn't do things in the right way.

Wait. BP isn't God?!

But seriously, in BP executives were aboard rig celebrating safety record when methane triggered blast, they say
    Deep beneath the seafloor, methane is in a slushy, crystalline form. Deep sea oil drillers often encounter pockets of methane crystals as they dig into the earth.
    Are the ice-like crystals methane?

Default White House Covers Up Menacing Oil "Blob"

Maybe the Administration is just trying to keep a separation of church and state.

This article claims ther is a huge underwater frozen oil blob that is exiting the Florida-Cuba strait and that the Obama Administration is trying to keep this story non-transparent. The blob is said to be 10 miles by 3 miles.

http://oilprice.com/Environment/Oil-...-Oil-Blob.html

Yeah! They want to maintain the "separation" all right. A separation of your ability to think and reason this thing out and therefore "see" their failings as our new small-cap god and goddesses...

Hyperbole aside, this oil spill is VERY SERIOUS, and that reality will not be concealed much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Maybe the Administration is just trying to keep a separation of church and state.

This article claims ther is a huge underwater frozen oil blob that is exiting the Florida-Cuba strait and that the Obama Administration is trying to keep this story non-transparent. The blob is said to be 10 miles by 3 miles.

http://oilprice.com/Environment/Oil-...-Oil-Blob.html

This article claims ther is a huge underwater frozen oil blob that is exiting the Florida-Cuba strait
    frozen?
    in the Gulf of Mexico in May?

Scientists accuse Obama over oil spill

Expert claims NOAA is guilty of a 'catastrophic failure'

Tensions between the Obama administration and the scientific community over the gulf oil spill are escalating, with prominent oceanographers accusing the government of failing to conduct an adequate scientific analysis of the damage and of allowing BP to obscure the spill’s true scope.

The scientists assert that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and other agencies have been slow to investigate the magnitude of the spill and the damage it is causing in the deep ocean.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37248587...new_york_times

"Obama's Katrina"

Yes, yes. and if the administration released preliminary info that turned out to be incorrect, they'd scream about that as well

Obama's Katrina? hardly

I think "frozen" means it is not dispersing, rather moving as one mass in state. This is really bad..

Green Peace is still investigating the Gulf oil spill.
    https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/sur...vestream_email

Wait to November? what and let the tea party [[NRP) screw things up even more... I have a hard time understanding how many "independent" voters said I voted democratic once but Obama ________ .... the paint wasn't dry in his office when the republicans started the "just say no" policy.... and the tea party hadn't hung a single shingle out before corporations and the Sarah Palins smelled "naive" and exploitable people... back to the original statements... WHAT there is more lies? LOL

oh by the way I voted republican once or twice to... then I recognized that wearing a flag on a lapel or plastering a fish on a SUV doesn't make me a better Christian nor a patriot... what does is helping ALL AMERICANS equally and justly... and the republicans have lost that message in the early 80's

Good post Gibby.

The Oil Spill wasn't a act of God, but an act of Man.

I went from feeling that it would turn out to be the most curious and devastating chemistry experiment the world has ever seen...mixing saltwater and raw crude oil with crystalline methane and PROCESSED petrochemicals run off from the over-use of synthesized pesticides and fertilizers and pharmaceuticals at deep-sea pressures and temperatures, possibly sparked by a nuclear trigger intended on sealing the leak...

...to now knowing quite surely that this substance has become another quite unexpected thing entirely. Well before reading anything about the disaster, I felt intuitively that it was an unleashing of some very old and extraordinarily evil energy. The 'echoes' of this truth can be seen in the effects of this stuff on nearly everyone who encounters it...closer to crude, the cruder they can be. Nearly the entirety of the Twentieth Century's war and senseless deaths and extraordinary cruelty can be understood more clearly under this dark shadow of what I believe was a gradual releasing of a previously locked-down negative entity or collection of entities...as humankind learned to process more from the simple carbon chain provided by this relatively abundant substance into lubrication, fuel, and oddly early-on even synthetic-rubber tires [[think about THAT one, Detroitophiles!)...and then progressively greater quantities and varieties of pure mimics of natural substances.

I know that is a stretch. We'll see.

They call the oil 'frozen', when it is merely behaving in ways they've never seen before...but then again, they are seeing it under pressures and at temperatures well exceeding what any laboratory could simulate. From various supposedly 'leaked' reports on-line, the crude crude exhibits odd vertical spaghetti-stranding that congeals into larger 'tubes', then suddenly into horizontal planes or sheets as if it were expanding on the surface [[sometimes in reaction to a threat, so it might be exhibiting a form of consciousness). They say it reacts with all living matter it encounters pretty harshly. Some are blaming that Corexit dispersant, but that might just be the final human ingredient to the big, stupid experiment that finally gets Mother Nature to sneeze us up and out. We are so much the virus to her, and increasingly so.

Oh well...
    Last edited by Gannon; October-19-10 at 09:10 AM.

Danny, are we all not One?

I thought the Being you call God is in all things and through all things [[as defined by your holy book, actually)...and our very own creative consciousness is but 'fractally'-echoed minutae-mirrors of the Creator Itself. Our light is His light, our breath is the gift of life from the Giver of All.

So...like with the book of Job...you will see dichotomy when I see unity. And you call yourself a prophet? Maybe your jurisdiction is more street-corner than universal...

Cheers!

DetroitDad Guest

John,

Are you implying that the oil in the Gulf is somehow conscious? Is it a force controlling it like how things worked in The Abyss. Much love will be needed to cure this planet, that is for sure. Oddly, It's possible you aren't that far off, though parts of this post are made in jest.

Don't worry Gannon, I will find all the treasures of rule. The Dark Water will not undertake us!

God, that show from my childhood was just one big foreshadowing story, wasn't it?

Signed sincerely,

-Sean of Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I went from feeling that it would turn out to be the most curious and devastating chemistry experiment the world has ever seen...mixing saltwater and raw crude oil with crystalline methane and PROCESSED petrochemicals run off from the over-use of synthesized pesticides and fertilizers and pharmaceuticals at deep-sea pressures and temperatures, possibly sparked by a nuclear trigger intended on sealing the leak...

...to now knowing quite surely that this substance has become another quite unexpected thing entirely. Well before reading anything about the disaster, I felt intuitively that it was an unleashing of some very old and extraordinarily evil energy. The 'echoes' of this truth can be seen in the effects of this stuff on nearly everyone who encounters it...closer to crude, the cruder they can be. Nearly the entirety of the Twentieth Century's war and senseless deaths and extraordinary cruelty can be understood more clearly under this dark shadow of what I believe was a gradual releasing of a previously locked-down negative entity or collection of entities...as humankind learned to process more from the simple carbon chain provided by this relatively abundant substance into lubrication, fuel, and oddly early-on even synthetic-rubber tires [[think about THAT one, Detroitophiles!)...and then progressively greater quantities and varieties of pure mimics of natural substances.

I know that is a stretch. We'll see.

They call the oil 'frozen', when it is merely behaving in ways they've never seen before...but then again, they are seeing it under pressures and at temperatures well exceeding what any laboratory could simulate. From various supposedly 'leaked' reports on-line, the crude crude exhibits odd vertical spaghetti-stranding that congeals into larger 'tubes', then suddenly into horizontal planes or sheets as if it were expanding on the surface [[sometimes in reaction to a threat, so it might be exhibiting a form of consciousness). They say it reacts with all living matter it encounters pretty harshly. Some are blaming that Corexit dispersant, but that might just be the final human ingredient to the big, stupid experiment that finally gets Mother Nature to sneeze us up and out. We are so much the virus to her, and increasingly so.

Oh well...
    Last edited by DetroitDad; October-19-10 at 10:54 PM.

Seems that show turned out to be an unfulfilled promise.

They only went to eight or nine of the twelve original...and losing Roddy McDowall seemed their downfall.

But yeah, it sounds totally preposterous, but that movie did remind me of what I've been able to gather from some of the more esoteric conspiracy sites on-line. Something 'in the water' that is yet very different from anything we've ever encountered before. There is a running thread from the editor of Nexus magazine with some supporting information filling in gaps from some leaked transcripts from a supposed state department international listening and translation station...it is all pretty bizarre.

If I hadn't had that intuition leading me to consider the oil to 'be' anything other than merely oil, I wouldn't even have paid attention to either discussion. There are some solid resonances within my gut to most of this information, leading me to totally reconsider oil and water...and their seeming lack of desire to mix.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; October-20-10 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Some Christians [[not all and not myself) believe that everything is a deliberate act of God. This derives from the Jewish belief, as shown in the Old Testament, that God is responsible for all the good and bad that befell people at the time.
    YHWH himself supposedly said it here.

IS.45 [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

WWF weighs in.
    http://www.wwf.org.uk/wwf_articles.cfm?unewsid=4015

Interesting NPR story with dire quotes from fishermen and environmental scientist.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=130537922

And the worst story is at the bottom of the Gulf.
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=130649668
    Last edited by maxx; October-21-10 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast