Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "We don't have to make a case against religion."

Like any of you could..
    The main reason most believe in most religions is the "heavenly reward". Very self-serving. Even a lot of Jews today believe in a personal heaven.

Quote: "I'm embarrassed that we still have such symbols of superstition on our money."

Are you also embarrassed that you live in the greatest country on the planet? Other countries tried your path, it ain't working out so well. If people choose to have faith in something, believe in something that makes them better people, what's the problem? Why do you care? Just ignore them, you admit you think it's superstition. Why all the research and continual whining about it? Move on.
    Sstashmoo, as I sit here behind my laptop having an impersonal conversation with you, I can honestly admit I feel a degree of empathy, and a tad bit of respect, for you having handling a debate outnumbered as you are....as I have argued before, there are technologically advanced countries with high rates of atheism,whose citizens enjoy happy healthy lives with access, or an atempt to make health care accessible to ALL citizens...AND opportunities to prosper....

Quote: "as I have argued before, there are technologically advanced countries with high rates of atheism,whose citizens enjoy happy healthy lives with access, or an atempt to make health care accessible to ALL citizens...AND opportunities to prosper...."

Then what are you doing here then? I mean that in a nice way. In my line of work over the years, I have associated with many engineers from abroad here on temporary station. I have not met one yet, that was homesick. After a month here, they are trying to figure out a way to stay here an move their families over. In talking to them, and them outlining what is better about the US, one cannot blame them. We truly live in the best country on the planet. A country founded by a free and God-fearing people.

God shed his grace on thee, from sea to shining sea. I'm putting my flag out today..

Sstashmoo, I've warned you before! LOL! You best sing that song in the basement in the dark, with the shades drawn!! Put yo' flag back up before you're branded intolerant, right-winged, NRA kook, etc! **wink-wink**

I work with adults in the educational arena with some as recent immigrants; some from well to do families, others who have suffered beatings in jail etc. fighting for years to get here... Some are amazed at "what you have" [[what we take for granted)... withstanding the legitimate issues and problems US faces...
    Quote: "as I have argued before, there are technologically advanced countries with high rates of atheism,whose citizens enjoy happy healthy lives with access, or an atempt to make health care accessible to ALL citizens...AND opportunities to prosper...."

Then what are you doing here then? I mean that in a nice way. In my line of work over the years, I have associated with many engineers from abroad here on temporary station. I have not met one yet, that was homesick. After a month here, they are trying to figure out a way to stay here an move their families over. In talking to them, and them outlining what is better about the US, one cannot blame them. We truly live in the best country on the planet. A country founded by a free and God-fearing people.

God shed his grace on thee, from sea to shining sea. I'm putting my flag out today..
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-09-10 at 11:22 AM.

We have high rates of immigration from west Europe and Canada? I have had friends from war torn and impoverished 'third world' countries rave about America, some also have confided disapointment in our system...
    not all of the founding fathers were deists.....
    the overwhelming majority of fellow Americans I know personally do in fact identify with a certain faith, but most dont practice or vaguely understand interpretations of scripture, and there are those who co-habitate and blaspheme etc., all the while decrying criticisms of their respective faiths....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3