Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Authentic Packard

Not sure if this has appeared on the forum and apologies in advance if this is old news.

Herein is a very interesting way to raise funds- maybe we could auction off other fabulous ruins- any ideas where to start?

http://authenticpackard.com/

Interesting site, thanks for posting it.

Very interesting. I'm surprised so much of the original wood was still intact. Not sprayed with graffiti or burned. Now let me play devil's advocate for a minute. I know people get upset with the scrappers and others who tear apart old buildings for scrap. What makes this group different from ordinary scrappers? The video of them busting out windows was particularly disturbing. Who gave them permission to go onto property they don't own, bust out windows, tear the panelling off the walls, and put it up for sale? What makes them different from scrappers? Because it's for fund-raising? I don't think so ...

DC48080 Guest

^ I was wondering the same thing.

Ya it kinda turns my stomach also. I know if left at its present location its going to wind up lost forever. Just the thought it survived so many years and witnessed so much is amazing and knowing its being removed forever is tough. But we must face it that the building will never become anything so we might as well save whats there. And ya don't bust out the windows if ya don't have to. Give it some dignity as you skin it.