Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default E. Vernor Repaving; Mt. Elliot to Van Dyke?

Came home this morning from a friends house to see E. Vernor being torn up from Mt. Elliot to I think Van Dyke. I never saw any signs informing residents that construction was going to start, nor is it on the city's list of streets to be repaved. I can't seem to find any information on it.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Could you share a link to where you get the information about what streets are getting paved in Detroit? Thanks!

A street might get torn up for utility work [[gas, electric, water, sewer, telephone) and not show on the city or county street maintenance schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBBrew View Post
    Could you share a link to where you get the information about what streets are getting paved in Detroit? Thanks!
    http://www.detroitmi.gov/Departments...9/Default.aspx

It doesn't seem as if they are working on it today, but the top 8" or so of the street are gone.

Sounds like re-asphalting.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    Came home this morning from a friends house to see E. Vernor being torn up from Mt. Elliot to I think Van Dyke. I never saw any signs informing residents that construction was going to start, nor is it on the city's list of streets to be repaved. I can't seem to find any information on it.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

What you want is on page 3.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/re...L_283416_7.pdf

Thanks 5speedz....

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act dollars putting people back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    I haven't been on for over a week, but how did you find this on MDOT's website? Personally I find any information about future road projects, studies, or other things pertaining to infrastructure very hard to find on their website. I even had a student in one of my classes at WSU writing a paper about the state of our infrastructure and he stated either the information was very difficult to find or in complete engineer jargon.

As for Vernor, the rain has delayed the project some. Just waiting on the final top layer of asphalt to get layed down. They aren't touching the patch by Bellvue where the railroad bed used to run through. I noticed Mack [[per the MDOT documents) getting torn up this week either. I wish Chrysler's Jefferson Assembly didn't exist and that all the main streets still went through Conner Creek!

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedz34 View Post
    I haven't been on for over a week, but how did you find this on MDOT's website? Personally I find any information about future road projects, studies, or other things pertaining to infrastructure very hard to find on their website. I even had a student in one of my classes at WSU writing a paper about the state of our infrastructure and he stated either the information was very difficult to find or in complete engineer jargon.

As for Vernor, the rain has delayed the project some. Just waiting on the final top layer of asphalt to get layed down. They aren't touching the patch by Bellvue where the railroad bed used to run through. I noticed Mack [[per the MDOT documents) getting torn up this week either. I wish Chrysler's Jefferson Assembly didn't exist and that all the main streets still went through Conner Creek!
    Got Lucky. If your student can nail down any definitive information from MDOT he or she deserves an A. LOL. Seriously, MDOT is pretty good at announcing the projects that are used to promote the need for either Lansing Legislation or some type of tax hike. But they're not that good at promoting the smaller projects, at least not as good as they used to be.

Construction still going on along with other projects in the area. The subgrade is down on E. Vernor and last week crews went through and reinforced the sewer and gas access points with concrete. Just waiting for them to put on final level.

Also noticed yesterday that they are installing the tactile bump strips for blind people at some intersections that didn't have them prior. I remember reading a year ago that the city was installing these wrong though, anyone have information on that?