Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Buy American Guest

Default Hutaree will be released on bond...

After the events that happened this morning involving 5 police officers, 1 murdered and 4 wounded...releasing these idiots into society will most certainly increase the risk of more officers being killed; they said they would do it and I truly believe they will do what they intended. This judge has to have some screws loose to release these people.

God help us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    After the events that happened this morning involving 5 police officers, 1 murdered and 4 wounded...releasing these idiots into society will most certainly increase the risk of more officers being killed; they said they would do it and I truly believe they will do what they intended. This judge has to have some screws loose to release these people.

God help us all!
    Damn Constitution, due process and separation of powers! Tear that schitt up!

Buy American Guest

Lowell....a Non-Detroit forum??? 5 Detroit Police Officers shot, one murdered, then some judge releases a group of people who have been plotting to kill a Police Officer and then kill more officers at the funeral!! I think you are wrong in asumming this isn't a Detroit issue as well as Michigan issue.

Impeccable timing, Judge. Simply impeccable.

Agreed. Love ya' Lowell, but this thread needs to be moved BACK to "Discuss Detroit"!

Thanks, Zacha
    Lowell....a Non-Detroit forum??? 5 Detroit Police Officers shot, one murdered, then some judge releases a group of people who have been plotting to kill a Police Officer and then kill more officers at the funeral!! I think you are wrong in asumming this isn't a Detroit issue as well as Michigan issue.

If the Hutaree were brown intended-terrorists and instead of white intended-terrorists, and wore hijabs instead of flannel and camo, they would not have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by ruxy17 View Post
    If the Hutaree were brown intended-terrorists and instead of white intended-terrorists, and wore hijabs instead of flannel and camo, they would not have been released.
    That's why you don't hear any outrage from the right wing media's talking heads.

Oh, now this is about race? You didn't know that the judge who agreed for these nuts' release, U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts, is black did you? You didn't know she was nominated by President Bill Clinton did you? Maybe judges really do make judgements based on the facts and the rule of law.

If the state didn't make their case, I think the Hutaree deserve to be released. Their situation has very little, or nothing to do with the other events happening recently. I'm no fan of militias, but the fact that they talk trash is no reason to imprison them or deny them bail. Talk like that is so common nowadays as to be accepted. That doesn't make it okay, but it also doesn't make it punishable. Much music, poetry, Faux news reports, etc, are talking trash much worse than anything I've heard from the Hutaree.

Good point... the usual suspects are not always as one thinks - as right wingers! Though I did think it a bit strange they were released. However a walk down history shows little pattern in the last 17 years... look at the David Karesh crowd. They did not get "released" unless you call death by flames and smoke a form of release. Or we can look at the case of Ruby Ridge... so we see these types don't always git gentle treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Oh, now this is about race? You didn't know that the judge who agreed for these nuts' release, U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts, is black did you? You didn't know she was nominated by President Bill Clinton did you? Maybe judges really do make judgements based on the facts and the rule of law.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-04-10 at 10:26 PM.

Buy American Guest

This is NOT an issue to be throwing any race cards out there, unless you are trying to throw gas on the fire.

This is NOT an issue to be throwing any race cards out there, unless you are trying to throw gas on the fire.
    Seems a fair observation. As far as I can tell, nobody's too worked up about this.

The Constitution demands that all people suspected of crimes get due process.

The Constitution is the document that police and judges swear to uphold.

The Constitution demands that powers be separate so that the system has checks and balances.

Furthermore, those guys had plenty of guns on them when they were arrested, and they didn't open fire. They were arrested peacefully. Given the feds' track record with some "terror trials" in Detroit, it's possible the prosecution is overzealous. We'll see. But for now, it sounds as though the system is working as it's supposed to. That "anti-government" groups get disappeared or tortured under tyrants and they get the full benefit of due process here actually kind of makes me proud to be an American.

Did anyone read this ARTICLE last week where the FBI agent who infiltrated the group couldn't recall the most basic details even though the judge told her in advance she would probably would be called to testify? I knew there was a good possibility they were going to be granted bond as soon as i read that article.

Woah woah woah. I think my statement was misunderstood. I was merely commenting on the way that "terrorist" has come to be short hand for, in the eyes of many, "muslim extremist." To me, you're a terrorist if you're planning to commit an act of terror. and all terrorists, both foreign and domestic, should be treated the same way in the courts.

So many talking heads were furious that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was read his miranda rights. Could you imagine the vitriol coming from Glenn Beck's mouth if there was any discussion of Faisal Shahzad being released on bond? I just find it interesting, and kinda sad, that the abhorence of some people gets all watered down for the Hutaree, a group who planned to murder dozens of cops.

This article does a better job of explaining it than me:

http://phoenixwoman.wordpress.com/20...e-guy-does-it/

I'm studying race relations at WSU and this was something we were talking about in class the other day. In no way did I intend to "throw gas on the fire."
    Last edited by ruxy17; May-05-10 at 08:26 AM.

15. Default

Nope this isn't about Detroit. Didn't happen in the international metro, doesn't even reference Detroit beyond investigation and federal charges. The motives for the terrible shooting of DPD officers have nothing to do with this case. Apples and oranges.

On this topic the leader of the Hutareee has to be really popular with his neighbors. This picture of his residence was posted by the Associates Press from whence it is linked into here.

The judge released the Hutaree for lack of evidence acording to this article.
    Judge asks feds to show militia did more than talk

The same judge has since ordered that they be held until this Wednesday to allow the prosecution more time to come up with evidence.
    Judge agrees to delay release of militia members

Taking a look at the way that mobile home was maintained, they should probably be kept in jail for aethetic reasons. One look at that mobile home and you know the guy has a loose screw.

Argh... talk about living on the edge. This is disgusting! Not neighbors you'd want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Nope this isn't about Detroit. Didn't happen in the international metro, doesn't even reference Detroit beyond investigation and federal charges. The motives for the terrible shooting of DPD officers have nothing to do with this case. Apples and oranges.

On this topic the leader of the Hutareee has to be really popular with his neighbors. This picture of his residence was posted by the Associates Press from whence it is linked into here.

I disagree completely. Race, ethnicity and color are very important and deserve to be discussed. Even more so in this situation. The only thing inflammatory is your sensational statement about throwing gas on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Seems a fair observation. As far as I can tell, nobody's too worked up about this.

The Constitution demands that all people suspected of crimes get due process.

The Constitution is the document that police and judges swear to uphold.

The Constitution demands that powers be separate so that the system has checks and balances.

Furthermore, those guys had plenty of guns on them when they were arrested, and they didn't open fire. They were arrested peacefully. Given the feds' track record with some "terror trials" in Detroit, it's possible the prosecution is overzealous. We'll see. But for now, it sounds as though the system is working as it's supposed to. That "anti-government" groups get disappeared or tortured under tyrants and they get the full benefit of due process here actually kind of makes me proud to be an American.
    Thank you Detroitnerd.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The judge released the Hutaree for lack of evidence acording to this article.
    Judge asks feds to show militia did more than talk

The same judge has since ordered that they be held until this Wednesday to allow the prosecution more time to come up with evidence.
    Judge agrees to delay release of militia members

Taking a look at the way that mobile home was maintained, they should probably be kept in jail for aethetic reasons. One look at that mobile home and you know the guy has a loose screw.
    Loose screws and guilt are two entirely different things.

Why not release them, we still don't know how creditable this plot actually was.

Besides I don't plan on going out playing in the woods of Adrian Mi, And I'm sure they wouldn't dare show their faces on the west side of Detroit so like I said why not ?

No, they won't
    Militia Members To Remain Jailed
    DETROIT -- A federal appeals court on Thursday intervened to block the release of nine members of a Michigan militia accused of plotting to overthrow the government, dealing a setback to the defendants as they gathered in a courtroom hoping to rejoin their families.
    A three-judge panel of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati issued a temporary stay about 12 hours after a federal judge in Detroit said she would no longer freeze her Monday decision releasing the nine with electronic monitors and other restrictions.
    With some already in street clothes, the militia members were transported to court to be processed for release Thursday. But they were returned to jail after a magistrate judge announced the appeals court decision.
    The court did not indicate how long the stay would last, and defense lawyers were given until 5 p.m. to respond.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If the 'justice' establishment has their way, these people will never see the light of day again. Arraignments, court dates, trials, guilt or innocence, notwithstanding. I'm in no way commenting on their guilt or innocence, just saying they are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law [[??). I have no love of militias and doomsday groups. The 'justice' establishment makes their case for them when they insist on pushing these issues over the edge. Don't we have a super duper spy, intelligence network to keep an eye on them? What about all those cops you see sitting outside suspects houses on tee vee? Maybe some ankle bracelets? Take away their ATV's and assorted automatic weapons. Make them wear a sport coat and penny loafers instead of camo. Confinement to their trailers? Seems that might be enough punishment while waiting for trial, right there.