Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Where were the Renegades going on Sunday morning?

We were on our way to Mass at Assumption Grotto Sunday and saw at least 40 Renegades riding in formation east on Eight Mile, turning south on VanDyke at about 11:15am. Just wondering what was up - I've lived a half mile from their club for nearly nine years and have never seen this before. My guess was that it may have been a funeral. Anyone know?

So VERY impressive to see how they ride together in such a large group and navigate the traffic so well.

Just curious.

Catechism?

There is a definite "knack" to riding in group formation like that. A real adrenalin rush, riding tight. Hand signal communication from front to rear. I've ridden like this several times. One evening in formation across on M59 averaging about 80.You have to have nerve to do this. It's not for everybody to ride in formation.

As I was the guest of a club, I rode in the back with the prospects. Still a rush though.....
    Last edited by shovelhead; May-03-10 at 09:53 PM.

Nothing beats riding in twos - 55 mph, along a winding country road with very little traffic. Day or night. Formation may be difficult and challenging [[it is, I've done it) but I'll take the country road. No freeways or Interstates for me.

I don't like riding alone, I'll ride with anybody. Just not right next to anybody.

The brakes on the old Cushman Eagle don't allow for riding in tight formation. None the less the 45 MPH on a winding road is still a blast, nothing like leaning into a corner and scraping a running board.

Sunday was the Renegade's annual cemetary run. 37 bikes participated.

Thanks Tammey - I figured that was probably the case but was still curious. It was truly an awesome sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cushkid View Post
    The brakes on the old Cushman Eagle don't allow for riding in tight formation. None the less the 45 MPH on a winding road is still a blast, nothing like leaning into a corner and scraping a running board.
    Cushkid, how about posting a picture of your Cushman Eagle. I had a Cushman when I was about 14 years old. I'm not sure what model it was. I'd like to compare. Thanks.