Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default DPD Officer killed in eastside shooting

Posted: 5:04 a.m. May 3, 2010
    Detroit police officer killed in morning shooting

One Detroit Police Department officer has been killed and others have been wounded in a shooting incident this morning on the city's eastside, according to a report from WWJ-AM 950.

Check back with Freep.com for more details.
    http://freep.com/article/20100503/NE...rning-shooting

BREAKING: Cop Killed, 4 Cops Wounded

Last Update: 5:29 am
    DETROIT [[WXYZ) - One police officer has been shot to death and four others wounded this morning on Detroit's east side.

It happened around 4:00 a.m. on Schoenherr south of Eight Mile Road.

An EMS worker told Action News the one police officer's wounds were fatal. Four other officers and a suspect in the shooting were taken to St. John Hospital. Their conditions are not known.
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/BREAK...ZI78ZspeA.cspx

Posted: Monday, 03 May 2010 5:12AM

5 Detroit Police Officers Shot; 1 Killed

Horrible news out of Detroit's northeast side.

One police officer has been killed, four others wounded in the line of duty during a shootout Monday morning on the city's northeast side.

There are still many unanswered questions as to exactly what happened, but here is what is known up to this point:

Multiple officers were on duty Monday morning on the northeast side, on Schoeherr just south of 8 Mile when they became involved in a shootout with, reportedly, two suspects.

One officer was fatally wounded. Four others were also shot and injured, but their injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

All four of the officers were transported to St. John Hospital, as has at least one suspect. That person was also wounded in the exchange of gunfire, but his condition remains unknown.

At question is what type of operation was taking place, whether the officers were undercover or not, and whether they were ambushed.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 for more details on this developing story.

© MMX WWJ Radio, All Rights Reserved.
    http://www.wwj.com/5-Detroit-Police-...Killed/6951561

BREAKING NEWS: 1 Police Officer Killed, 4 Wounded In Shooting
    Police Officer Killed In Line Of Duty

POSTED: Monday, May 3, 2010
    UPDATED: 5:01 am EDT May 3, 2010
    Breaking News
    Detroit -- Local 4 has learned one Detroit police officer was shot and killed in a shooting on Detroit's East Side overnight. Four more Detroit police officers were wounded in the same shooting near 8 Mile and Schoenherr Road.

Those officers were taken to St. John Hospital for treatment.

Sources told Local 4 the gunman was also shot and taken to the hospital.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickonDetroit.com for more information as this story develops.

Copyright 2010 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23430268/detail.html

Posted: 5:04 a.m. May 3, 2010 | Updated: 6:06 a.m. today
    1 Detroit officer dead, 4 wounded after shooting

By AMBER HUNT
    Free Press staff writer

One Detroit Police officer is dead and four others are wounded after a shootout on the city's east side this morning.

Spokesman John Roach said officers responded to a 911 call to a vacant house on Schoenherr, where a neighbor said shots had been fired shortly after 3:30 a.m.

When officers arrived, they were met with gunfire, Roach said.

The name of the slain officer isn't yet being released. Roach said he was an Eastern District patrol officer with more than 10 years on the force.

The four injured officers are in temporary serious condition at St. John Hospital & Medical Center.

The suspect was arrested at the scene. A .45-caliber handgun, believed to be the crime weapon, was recovered, Roach said.

"At this point, we don't have any solid information that there was anybody else involved," said Roach.

All of the officers shot were patrol officers with the Eastern District, he said.

Come back to freep.com for developments as they are confirmed.

Contact Amber Hunt: 313-223-4526 or alhunt@freepress.com.
    http://freep.com/article/20100503/NE...after-shooting

May God assuage the pain this has brought to this Officers family.

I hope the officers have a speedy recover. I am so saddened by the lost of this young officer's life.

I used to live just off Schoenherr on Reno between Seven and Eight Mile. Back in 1961, it was an aging, but decent neighborhood. I was newly married and my wife and I used to walk in the evening along Schoenherr. Often we would walk down to the library on McNicholls. I used to jog in the evening around the Gabriel Richard Elementary School playground. So sad that things have deteriorated so far.

May he rest in the peace of Christ for eternity. How sad, how unnecessary.

I stand in agreement on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    May he rest in the peace of Christ for eternity. How sad, how unnecessary.

Buy American Guest

Pray for his family and pray for the four other officers involved. God bless them.

This man is a true hero. I am thankful for his efforts to make our city a safer place. I hope his son will draw inspiration from his father.

This really sucks. Too bad we can't fry the dirtbag that did it.

Each of those officers will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Retroit Guest

Maybe Rev. Horace Sheffield will sit down with the murderer and air his dissatisfaction.

"Maybe Rev. Horace Sheffield will sit down with the murderer and air his dissatisfaction."

Hey clown, does every story have to be about your own personal political agenda? How about offering your sympathies and keeping your knee-jerk comments for some other thread?

How sickening that the Freep wasted no time putting Ron Scott in the spot light, initially a bold print heading right under the article regarding the shooting, practically defending the shooters motives with a "what did we expect?" attitude. The heading reads "Coalition on Detroit Police brutality questions fatal drug house gunfire" What do they question, the drug dealers motives being inside a vancant house, firing shots, with drugs at 3 am? Any idiot could quickly determine his motives weren't that of a fine upstanding citizen.

I offer condolences to the family of the officer. This is tragic and sad.

Yeah, but they have special idiots over there.

This is horrible...and early in the warm season...let's pray that this is not a 'hot' summer for percolating trouble.

We're with you, Sport. May you and the other good officers on the force have protections beyond the obvious.

This is awful, and I can't help but feel pain for this officer's wife, child, and family. I greatly appreciate all that police officers do to keep us safe, both in Detroit and elsewhere.

It was being picked up by the national wires as I went off-line this morning.

The reference mentioned above made me think S.T.R.E.S.S. II, but I haven't been around recently to hear anything about the details.

What does STRESS have to do with this officers life being taken. He was responding to a call and gave his life for this city. To bring up something from long ago and try and compare it to STRESS is BS.

Name has been released.

Officer Down Memorial Page: Brian Huff

To bring up something from long ago and try and compare it to STRESS is BS.
    Read the article. They mention a team that sounds similar and raise the issue of multiple complaints and community tensions.

If your refering to the Ron Scott article, i won't waste my breath for him. To state that the officer was killed by friendly fire is so absurd it makes one want to throw up. In reference to the gang squad, they have no comparison what so ever to STRESS. Regardless the officer responded to a 911 call. Does that make it ok to kill him?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast