Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Scream 4 to be filmed in Michigan . . .

http://perezhilton.com/2010-04-29-sc...ills-the-deets

. . . according to an interview with director Wes Craven. Read his response to the tenth question.

Are you returning to Santa Rosa, Calif., to shoot?
    We’re actually going to Michigan. We found a wonderful small town that looks very much like the town we had in Northern California. Frankly, the tax breaks in Michigan are enormous, so we’ll be able to put a lot more movie on the screen.

But this Michigan town is still supposed to represent [[the series’ fictional town of) Woodsboro?
    Yeah. I guess I just gave something away. [Laughs]

Glad to see those tax credits at work. Wonder what "wonderfull small town" it is.

They may not have grocery stores, clothing stores or bakeries, due to Walmart and other mega-stores, but Michigan has a lot of great small towns full of industrious people where things happen at a slower pace. Cool!

http://www.freep.com/article/2010041...60345/1035/ent

Ann Arbor . . . should have guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010041...60345/1035/ent

Ann Arbor . . . should have guessed.
    how is Ann Arbor a "small town"?

curious... They should also film part of it in Detroit..

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    how is Ann Arbor a "small town"?
    In the article it says, "In and around Ann Arbor". So it will probably be filmed in the smaller towns just out of Ann Arbor [[Dexter, Saline, or even Chelsea?)

scream 4? I think a better use of the tax dollars would be to pay for them NOT to make that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Jimbo View Post
    scream 4? I think a better use of the tax dollars would be to pay for them NOT to make that movie.
    done and done. add to the fact that these horror flicks are made with no budget at all.