Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Military Helicopters Over Detroit Today

Saw five military helicopters flying in formation over the west side of Detroit today between 3:30pm - 4:00pm. Seemed like they were zig-zaging back and forth, not just traveling in a straight line. I wonder what important official would warrant such tour, and for what reason?

I saw it too - no idea what it was for.

Not sure if it is related, but isn't Obama visiting Ann Arbor. Otherwise it may be posturing in preparation for the Second Livonian War.

Seeing someone said he saw a film crew at the MCS, could this also be for that movie?

Maybe part of the recent training activities?...

Terror Drill In Downtown Detroit

WWJ - ‎Apr 28, 2010‎
    Detroit [[WWJ) -- You won't see them in action, but area response agencies are holding a day-long terrors drill to smooth out their response to real ...

Maybe Obama is planning to drop in downtown while he is in the state: http://www.annarbor.com/news/helicop...higan-stadium/

Quote Originally Posted by bigtreble View Post
    Maybe part of the recent training activities?...

Terror Drill In Downtown Detroit
    I heard this mentioned on Fox 2 news yesterday morning, that there were going to be terror drills done, involving the US and Canada, the Ren Cen and the Detroit Princess. They also mentioned that certain radio frequencies would be used in the drill, as if an event were really happening.

I am very confused as to why the fact that this drill was taking place was not more widely publicized, to prevent people from thinking that something was really happening.

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I am very confused as to why the fact that this drill was taking place was not more widely publicized, to prevent people from thinking that something was really happening.

Like how it was reported on the TV news several times and written about numerous times in the papers?

Or do you want a hand delivered flyer? Would that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

There's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning... http://detroityes.com/war.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    Like how it was reported on the TV news several times and written about numerous times in the papers?

Or do you want a hand delivered flyer? Would that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?
    Thanks Tool...

No, I think I'm good -- your post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It reminded me how happy I am to not be one of the unnecessarily angry people.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Thanks Tool...
    Nicely played...

I believe there were funeral services for a fallen soldier today. The gov. ordered flags at half-mast in recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by detourdetroit View Post
    There's nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning... http://detroityes.com/war.htm
    Just glad you didnt post this on the Breakfast in the D thread...

I have seen Presidential visits in Chicago. They do test runs before the actual event. There is always Marine One http://tinyurl.com/2f3bry5 and another identical chopper that fly from Air Force One to the event. They go in and out of each other like a shell game. Between Andrews AFB and the White House they do this with three choppers. They are accompanied by a big badass green chopper and two other troop-type choppers with front and rear rotors like from Vietnam.

If you did not see Marine One type choppers in the pack then I don't know what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Not sure if it is related, but isn't Obama visiting Ann Arbor. Otherwise it may be posturing in preparation for the Second Livonian War.

There was some great artwork from the Livonia wars. Can anybody repost ?

Could our newly installed Livonian Cleric be a little more radical than we figured?