Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cinco de Mayo events?

festivals, parades, parties, other events, coming up, I had forgotten it will be next week, likely stuff going on this weekend..

Ribbon Cutting for the Mexicantown Ped Bridge?

a new mexican restaurant is opening 5/5 in Ferndale. Cantina Diablo will be opening in the former Rosie O'Grady's location.

Retroit Guest

I'm predicting a big anti-Arizona rally. It's odd how illegal immigration always seems to become an issue shortly before May 5.

[[Not intended as trolling. Please don't respond.)

Cinco De Mayo is now a American exploited holiday with no meaning! The REAL meaning of Cinco De Mayo is the celebration of the victory of Mexican Independence from France under the Napoleon II's puppet Emperor Maximillian. Non-Mexican Americans should not celebrate that holiday or worship its legacy. It is very disrepectful against the Mexican People.

There's a small calendar of Cinco de Mayo events here:
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...o-de-Mayo-must

Los Galanes told me a few days ago that they hadn't yet gotten a permit approved from the city for the parade and street party.

Honeybee is having a celebration with bands, food and drink this weekend. I think it's on Saturday May 1st from 1-5

I heard a rumor that the city council wouldn't approve any permits for activites in Clark Park relating to C de M this year, because of some fights that broke out there last year. Did anyone else hear of this?

Retroit Guest

Danny, do you really think us dumb Americans are going to turn down an opportunity to get drunk and party? Might as well not celebrate St. Patrick's and Mardi Gras either. Sheeez!

Default Event info

So if there's a party in Clark Park, will everbody be arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Danny, do you really think us dumb Americans are going to turn down an opportunity to get drunk and party? Might as well not celebrate St. Patrick's and Mardi Gras either. Sheeez!

Don't forget Bastille Day!

Try this link:

http://tiny.cc/gkv1t

Any updates?

May 5th is our liberation day in the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    May 5th is our liberation day in the Netherlands.
    WTF.....anyway Happy Cinco De Mayo - Uno cervesa por favor!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    WTF.....anyway Happy Cinco De Mayo - Uno cervesa por favor!!!!
    To you too!