Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: April In The D!

Blarf Guest

Default April In The D!

Is there anyone who actually enjoys this song? Who actually voted for this garbage? Does the band that sings it take themselves seriously?

Can't say I enjoy it, But it does stick in your head after hearing it over and over.

It seems like they've cut back on it recently. For the first three or four Tiger games they were wearing that damn song out and driving me nuts in the process. It's been ripped quite a bit on some local radio programs so maybe the people at FSN have gotten the hint and cut back on it.

Not a terrible song but they're playing it way too much.

I can't stand the song and I'm glad April is almost over. I want to punch the wall every time I hear it.

I was thinking the same thing, wanting April to get over so I don't hear it anymore. It was nice a couple of times, but now it is just another annoying corporate-produced ad jingle.

Old Chinese tale:
    The first time the emporer heard the joke he laughed.
    The second time the emporer heard the joke he frowned.
    The third time he heard the joke he ordered the joke-teller beheaded.

I'm wondering which rock I live under...I haven't heard this song. I'll see if I can find it from Google or something.

I too am a little tired of the song. Has anyone seen the FSN special that showed all the entries? It was very amusing lots of Rap and Heavy Metal filmed in basements. I have to say the one that was chosen was the best of the lot. However it is time to Retire it.

It's better than "It's So Cold In The D"!

Last year's April in the D song was ok for the first 500 times it was played. This year's song blew chunks from the get go.

I too can't wait until the end of April, but more so because my birthday is the 30th and not entirely because that song stinks.

btw, here's the song\video http://msn.foxsports.com/id/9284806

I kind of like this song simply because I find it amusing that so many people loathe it.

I hope they put it into internet jukeboxes so I can go into bars, play "April in the D" and some Rick Astley back-to-back, then leave before they start playing.

To FSN's credit, you are talking about the song.

I think it's funny that this band isn't even from Detroit, but Grand Rapids. With all the bands around here, none of them felt compelled to enter the contest, I guess.

I absolutely cannot stand Detroit being nicknamed "The D." It sounds so stupid.

Melody, FSN did a show featuring the rejects. Can't say most of them were any worse. I assume they hailed from Detroit, its suburbs, and elsewhere in our fair state.

It is kind of a fun rite of spring to get a new, shittier-than-ever, version of this song stuck in one's head. Great thread. I look forward to next year's.

I was looking to see what other regional FSN stations there were, and if they had a stupid April song/motto. Can't find any though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Spo...s_Net_networks

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    To FSN's credit, you are talking about the song.

I think it's funny that this band isn't even from Detroit, but Grand Rapids. With all the bands around here, none of them felt compelled to enter the contest, I guess.

I absolutely cannot stand Detroit being nicknamed "The D." It sounds so stupid.

I'm not a big fan of calling Detroit "the D" either. Dallas has been known as "The Big D" for years. Sounds like we are trying to be copycats.

Hey Ghein Check out the Rick Astley bit in the middle of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hzkBihaew