Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Divorce attorney recommendation

Looking for recommendations for a divorce attorney for my brother.
    He's in Wayne County and the kids have left. Wife moving out after 25 years because she doesn't love him anymore.
    Fortunately, he's still working although the house may be worth less than what he owes.
    Thanks for any tips.

Find Margo Tobin. Cadillac Tower. The best. Act immediatley.

Sorry for your brother's circumstances. Hope he finds someone to help him navigate through that.

If both parties are agreeable, it could be *much* less costly in both financial and emotional senses, to hire one attorney to mediate and ensure the settlement is something a judge would sign off on.

When I divorced in 2002 my husband and I had already agreed that we would split the house [[paid off), other assets, and custody of our son. We both though we were were required to have our own attorneys, so we hired separate attorneys. [[I truly don't remember why we did that.) The attorneys and fought over issues my husband and I already agreed to, and created problems where there had not been any.

I have come to believe that some attorneys create problems and issues so they can bill more hours.

More than once I have heard that in a divorce case, "you can split the assets two ways or you can split the assets four ways". That is so true!

If at all possible, the two parties should try to work out as much as possible on their own. It's *their* divorce, after all.

Just my two cents.

Very good advice Crystal. I think there is a lawyer group that does cheap divorces called, we the people, if all partys are in agreement.

Fortunately, my brother is a UAW member and is getting some tips from them.