Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Boobquake - Response to Iranian Cleric!

[Well let the games begin, or begun... I wonder what serious impact it will make?]

Boobquake' 2010: 90,000+ women to bare cleavage, protest Iranian cleric's promiscuity claim

A cleavage baring movement is underway in a valley near you. 'Boobquake' already has 90,000 women across the globe committed to showing part of their own in an effort to ‘help stop supernatural thinking and oppression of women.”

Read the update: Boobquake, brainquake games begin: Wonder Twin powers activate!
    Boobquake is the brain child of Purdue University student, Jennifer McCreight. The self described "liberal, geeky, nerdy, scientific, perverted atheist feminist" decided to donate her D-cups for political and scientific reasons: The event is a direct response to the recent Iranian clerical claim that promiscuous women cause natural disasters. [[Click here for an interview with McCreight)

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupting their chastity and spread adultery in society, which [[consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. [[What are some Iranian American women saying?)

He is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.

“Sedighi claims that not dressing modestly causes earthquakes. If so, we should be able to test this claim scientifically.” said McCreight on the official Facebook page for the event.

On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own. Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town. I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that's your preferred form of immodesty. With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake.”

The bodacious McCreight says her pair “will probably only produce a slight tremor on its own.” Already thousands of women have decided to attend the event nationally, and the number of undecideds tops 100,000.

BBC Persia will cover Boobquake at Dupont Circle in Washington DC. “Immodestly dressed” women are encouraged to show up at noon EST, if they want to be on television.

McCreight is astounded by the tremendous response, and has written a clarification to those who questioned her motives.

Boobquake is not meant to be "demeaning toward women." She explains in a recent blog. "To be honest...I never thought it would get the attention it did. If I would have known, I would have spent more time being careful about my wording."

"That being said, I don't think the event is completely contrary to feminist ideals. I'm asking women to wear their most "immodest" outfit that they already would wear, but to coordinate it all on the same day for the sake of the experiment...I don't want to force people out of their comfort zones, because I believe women have the right to choose how they want to dress. Please don't pressure women to participate if they don't want to. If men ogle, that's the fault of the men, not me for dressing how I like. If I want to a show a little cleavage or joke about my boobs, that's my prerogative."

For more info, visit the official Facebook page. This article contains updates from the original.

Twitter fans are asked to use the tag ‘#boobquake’ if they plan on participating.
    If you liked this column, click here to read more about breasts and feminism. Read about your favorite celebrity relationship update.

Check out Modern Love's sensual series, Tantra Tuesdays. Short and playful, it’s a weekly lesson in intimacy for lusty couples in love who want to merge the sacred and sensual towards a more conscious union.
    Follow me on twitter: @ModernLoveMuse. Subscribe to this column and never miss an issue. Email addresses remain anonymous, and are never shared. All Modern Love Examiner articles ©2010 by Tinamarie Bernard; reposts permitted with link back to original article. All other rights reserved.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2593-Modern-Love-Examiner~y2010m4d23-Boobquake-2010-80000-women-to-bare-breasts-protest-Iranian-clerics-promiscuity-claim

http://www.news.com.au/technology/bo...-1225856787031
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-27-10 at 08:58 AM.

I think there should be "boob quakes" at LEAST once a week, and many more women need to participate.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/c...nt-shake-earth

Well, the Earth didn't open up and swallow the cleric. Too bad.

Boobs is bad, but killing innocent is OK? Duh!

Now this is a movement we all should embrace

Shame on all of you for making fun of religion! I happen to know that the earth is coming to a cataclysmic end in the year 1898. Errrr, ummmm, 1923. Well, it was supposed to happen in 1949. The again, it may happen in 2010. In any case, this is serious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Shame on all of you for making fun of religion! I happen to know that the earth is coming to a cataclysmic end in the year 1898. Errrr, ummmm, 1923. Well, it was supposed to happen in 1949. The again, it may happen in 2010. In any case, this is serious stuff.
    I mean

well we all didn't die, so i guess the boobquake didnt happen

Retroit Guest

I propose that the Boobquake continue until Iran slides into the Indian Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I propose that the Boobquake continue until Iran slides into the Indian Ocean.
    As long as they send pics !