Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default wedding and portrait photography services

in addition to shooting architecture and the city of detroit i also do weddings and portraiture. if you are looking for a photographer or know someone who is i still have openings for 2010 for both weddings and portraiture and i have already started booking for 2011 and 2012.

if you havent seen my wedding portfolio you can check it out at my website...
    http://www.ryansouthen.com/

if you have any questions or are interested you can contact me at my email...
    rsouthen at gmail dot com

thanks!

ryan

You are one amazing photographer Ryan. You will be my first thought when a recommendation is asked for.
    I have a photo question though. This last winter I was taking pics at a party with my little Cannon point and shoot, I also took some pics with another guests point and shoot. I noticed her camera had a Ziess Leica lens, I also noticed her pics were noticeably more crisp than mine. It could be I suppose that the view screen on her camera was of higher quality than my stock Cannon lens, or could it be that a Leica lens would make that much difference? I know with out actually seeing the difference its hard to tell. I just want your opinion on putting $$ into a high end lens. Im planning on buying a used DSLR and am considering buying the lens first and the body to fit, if need be. The pics I will be taking will be blown and showed and I really want them to be as crisp as possible but am of course on a budget. Any thoughts?

thanks django.

camera bodies may come and go, but good glass will last forever. unfortunately i dont know a lot about point and shoot cameras, so the difference could be in the lens, but ive also seen lcd screens that make the image look a lot better then it really is. if you are just getting into dslrs i would suggest buying one of the lower end models or a model that suits your experience level and then investing in good lenses. that way when you feel youve progressed enough you can upgrade to a better body and still have quality lenses to shoot with. no point in having an expensive camera and lousy lenses to put on it.

hope that helps.

Thanks Ryan, Thats what I was thinking, go with a good lens that I can continue to use and get a cheaper body to fit the lens.