Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default L.A. Times copies Detroit Blog

It's not just local reporters who are reading Detroit Blog for inspiration. Today the L.A. Times ran a front cover feature on vigilante justice on the east side of Detroit. Wonder where they got the idea ...

Here's the original: http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=1337

Here's theirs: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,7965607.story

I thought I would share a softer side of James "jack rabbit". Some years back there was a free christmas give away at riverbend shopping center. James was Santa and the police gave him a ride in a coptor. We were assistants dispensing hot cocao and cookies. The crowd was large. I was amazed that he knew most of the kids by name.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." It just goes to show that part of a reporters job these days is to scan the forums and blogs of the internet.

On a humorous note, if Cabrera ever goes on the DL, I want this guy batting clean up. If I were ever in trouble in his neighborhood I want him batting lead-off. [image called in from Blogger John's site.]