Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cheeky Bill Maher. But he's right.

I commented about Maher's remark in the other Dateline post. He is absolutely correct. I think it is time for our representatives and our senators to encourage the President to make that long-overdue trip to Detroit proper and go through the neighborhoods that we know are in decay.

Quote from the link too priceless not to share:

Everything that goes into defense costs us about a trillion dollars a year, most of which goes into fighting the Russians in 1978. Fighter planes for all those dog fights we get into with the Taliban, submarines to foil their evil plot to blow up our ships with car bombs, and space lasers to shoot down their exploding underpants...scream about handouts, this is what they should be protesting.

Oh, my, that feels good to laugh about that.

On his latest show he also brought up the fact that atheists are not considered for the Supreme Court.

Anyone know if Obama has any Detroit events scheduled for this weekend when he does the U-M commencement?

Yes, I too enjoy getting high and going to the Planetarium as well. Oh, that's not what you meant? lol

It's about time somebody pointed out what Maher said. The other day I heard that nearly half of the entire budget goes to the military. It would be a hell of lot more fiscally conservative if instead we stopped running around the world bullying other countries, making more enemies to be defended against.

He should have had a teabagger there to try to respond. IMO there is no response. That would have been hilarious!

Bill certainly gets it about Detroit!