Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 14 Year Old Stripper at All Stars

I can't link to the story but it's in the News and Free Press. This has got my bullshit meter going in overdrive. I don't believe the mother at all.

DC48080 Guest

You're right, there was something fishy about this thing from the get go. How could this mother not know that her daughter was not home all those evenings? What ever happened to supervising your own children?

I think the mother knew about this all along.

From Detnews: Mom wants strip club that hired girl, 14, shut

A man claiming to be a club employee produced a driver's license Friday he said the 14-year-old presented when she was hired. When asked if the girl also had faked a dance card, which is required for exotic dancers in Detroit, the man said she had, but declined to show a copy.

DetroitDad Guest

Concerning the comments about the fourteen shootings, and it's ties to this business being an attractive nuisance;

How come when violence happens at a strip club or bar it's not viewed as a victim, like it is with robberies or random shootings at retailers or restaurants. No one called for the jewelry store in Livonia that prompted a entire family to be slaughtered, or the countless city or inner suburban businesses that prompt multiple robberies by the same bandits? No one called for a Chuck-e-Cheese up North to be shut down after it was the site of a shooting some years ago, or various area day cares that have been the site of revenge shootings.

It seems a little un-American to attack one and not the others. It is also a bit silly to not acknowledge the club as a victim in a society that tends to attack sexuality while regularly condoning violence.

I know I am going to get absolutely hammered for my statement...but before I make it, let me clarify something. I love the people of the City of Detroit. Since I moved here in 2005 you guys have been so great to me and I truly think you are some of the warmest and greatest people in America.

that being said, let me say this...

It takes a village to raise a child. WE failed this child. As the result of our poor standards for our neighborhoods and schools we have allowed stories like this and others of childrens' lives spinning out of control to happen far too often. This mother is 100% to blame--but is the responsibility of our community to build strong neighborhoods with built in safety nets to prevent children like this from falling through the cracks.

This story speaks to the unfortunate surroundings in her family life, but I firmly believe stories like this and others of prostitution, drugs, and violence are elevated in our city due to the apathy from citizens to take ownership in their city, not just their own home.

I knew where my 14 year old was at all times! I knew his friends, I knew his friends' parents. I don't think the mother is totally blameless in this situation. How does a 14 year old girl stay out til all hours, have loads of cash, and get that by the mother? Unfortunately, this isn't uncommon. I hear kids talk of going to the strip clubs...and some even dancing there [[boys and girls). I don't know how much of that is fact and how much is fantasy...I just wonder why no one is paying attention to the age of the kids getting in [[and working) at the club. A 14 year old does NOT look like an 18 year old and if she does, then her mother isn't paying any attention to how she dresses. I wasn't even allowed to own make-up at 14...

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSTAR View Post
    I know I am going to get absolutely hammered for my statement...but before I make it, let me clarify something. I love the people of the City of Detroit. Since I moved here in 2005 you guys have been so great to me and I truly think you are some of the warmest and greatest people in America.

that being said, let me say this...

It takes a village to raise a child. WE failed this child. As the result of our poor standards for our neighborhoods and schools we have allowed stories like this and others of childrens' lives spinning out of control to happen far too often. This mother is 100% to blame--but is the responsibility of our community to build strong neighborhoods with built in safety nets to prevent children like this from falling through the cracks.

This story speaks to the unfortunate surroundings in her family life, but I firmly believe stories like this and others of prostitution, drugs, and violence are elevated in our city due to the apathy from citizens to take ownership in their city, not just their own home.
    As I was reading this, I wondered to myself: did I fail this girl? The answer is no. In fact, no one failed this girl because if she had gone to her elders and asked advice on should she go and strip in a club though she is only 14, I am sure they would have done everything to change her mind.

Before we start condemning her mother and any other relatives that could have had told her different, let's go back in time when we were 14 years old. When I was 14 years old, I was smoking weed and drinking Olde English but you better believe I wasn't advertising my vices to my parents namely my mother. Sure people told me the dangers of smoking and drinking but was I going to listen? Hell no!! No one was going tell me shit because I thought I knew it all at 14 [[Ha)

The 14 year old stripper wanted some money. I admit it was wrong for All-Stars not to fully vet her info but I'm not going to hate on the young girl because she is growing up in a culture that require kids to grow up fast. She probably have been told so many time how she got the body of a woman that she decided she was going to use that body to get some change.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I can't link to the story but it's in the News and Free Press. This has got my bullshit meter going in overdrive. I don't believe the mother at all.
    The full DPD press release, with a little bit of editing and commentary from me, is on my blog. I took the liberty of including a photo of the scum bag who hired this 14 year old, since DPD released his booking photo.

http://warrendale.blogspot.com/2010/...or-hiring.html

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    You're right, there was something fishy about this thing from the get go. How could this mother not know that her daughter was not home all those evenings? What ever happened to supervising your own children?
    The mother was the one who pulled her out of the club and then called the police. Without her, no one would've ever known about this.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    As I was reading this, I wondered to myself: did I fail this girl? The answer is no. In fact, no one failed this girl because if she had gone to her elders and asked advice on should she go and strip in a club though she is only 14, I am sure they would have done everything to change her mind.

Before we start condemning her mother and any other relatives that could have had told her different, let's go back in time when we were 14 years old. When I was 14 years old, I was smoking weed and drinking Olde English but you better believe I wasn't advertising my vices to my parents namely my mother. Sure people told me the dangers of smoking and drinking but was I going to listen? Hell no!! No one was going tell me shit because I thought I knew it all at 14 [[Ha)

The 14 year old stripper wanted some money. I admit it was wrong for All-Stars not to fully vet her info but I'm not going to hate on the young girl because she is growing up in a culture that require kids to grow up fast. She probably have been told so many time how she got the body of a woman that she decided she was going to use that body to get some change.
    Let's start by your comparison of drinking/smoking vs. stripping at a bar at 14 and stop there.

This happens a lot on the Metro area, not just Detroit. I know this on a personal nature. It's a shame.

We all did bad shit at 14; this should not be one of them.

Last night on WJR, the girls mother made the comment that she never saw any of the money she earned. That seemed like an odd comment to me

Fact is that I could get a lot by my parents at the age of 14. Not everything though. Eventually, if the parents KEEP AN EYE on their children, these secrets come to the surface. I had a curfew. It wasn't on the honor system either. My mom would know if I was accumulating unheard of amounts of cash a 14yo should never have in the first place. What about the outfits? I'm not sure whether they keep it all at the club or not, but c'mon. Did she smell like smoke all the time? Probably. How much makeup did she go through?

Greatest % of blame falls on the parents. Then the club for being total slimeballs for ingoring the truth. Then the community for making these scenarios ever possible.

It is very sad what the standards are in this country, and most often in urban areas. My neighbors son dropped out of WCCCD because he "doesn't like being told what to read". Now he is uneducated, unemployed, and has no motivation to seek employment.

It really pains me when on a typical day I see literally hundreds of school age children out and about--either just hanging out, or with their parents. GET IN SCHOOL! We as a society no longer value the things that are important. This hits harder in the inner cities where structure and propriety are often looked down upon. Too often people talk about how "its all about the money" and it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you are bringing in the $$...

Look, I am not going to pretend to know what it is like to live this lifestyle. I grew up in a poor area but I was blessed with parents who sacrificed to provide a private school education. I was spoiled with blessings that I did not truly appreciate. I don't know what it is like to have a "hard life". But of my 10 closest friends I had growing up 2 are dead, 3 are unemployed, 2 are living in less than satisfactory conditions. I think we need to do a better job promoting education and positive lifestyle to our children before our children lose all of their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Let's start by your comparison of drinking/smoking vs. stripping at a bar at 14 and stop there.

This happens a lot on the Metro area, not just Detroit. I know this on a personal nature. It's a shame.

We all did bad shit at 14; this should not be one of them.
    There should be nothing bad happening but it does. It's life. You say that you know on a personal nature that this sort of thing happens. Then you shouldn't be shocked. I am not shocked because as I posted earlier, kids today are going up faster than we did and our parents. What this girl did did not shock me because for her it was about the money. It is not right but I can't pretend like I'm outraged because the girl did a damn good job getting fake id to get it.

Bob,
    This is not "growing up fast," it's criminal behavior on the part of the club and outrageously inappropriate for the 14-year-old, and acting like it shouldn't be surprising is part of the problem.

It IS shocking, thankfully, and that's why it's been leading the news and has led to an outcry. Maybe to you it's business as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    There should be nothing bad happening but it does. It's life. You say that you know on a personal nature that this sort of thing happens. Then you shouldn't be shocked. I am not shocked because as I posted earlier, kids today are going up faster than we did and our parents. What this girl did did not shock me because for her it was about the money. It is not right but I can't pretend like I'm outraged because the girl did a damn good job getting fake id to get it.
    Fake IDs are one of the reasons why dancers in Detroit are required to get a dance card from the police department. Passing a fake ID to a guy at a bar is one thing. Getting it passed a police officer who is trained to spot them, and who can cross reference your ID with records from the Secretary of State fairly easily, is another matter all together.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Concerning the comments about the fourteen shootings, and it's ties to this business being an attractive nuisance;

How come when violence happens at a strip club or bar it's not viewed as a victim, like it is with robberies or random shootings at retailers or restaurants. No one called for the jewelry store in Livonia that prompted a entire family to be slaughtered, or the countless city or inner suburban businesses that prompt multiple robberies by the same bandits? No one called for a Chuck-e-Cheese up North to be shut down after it was the site of a shooting some years ago, or various area day cares that have been the site of revenge shootings.
    How many of those other businesses had 17 such shootings over the past 6 years like All Star did?

Most strip clubs don't have anywhere near that many. Hell, the one in my neighborhood hasn't had a single one in the approx. 30 years that it's been open [[*knock on wood*). When one adds the number of shootings to their current problem of hiring a 14 year old who obviously didn't have the required dance card, it's clear that this place has been a breeding ground for trouble.

Places like this make all strip clubs, and all of Detroit, look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    Bob,
    This is not "growing up fast," it's criminal behavior on the part of the club and outrageously inappropriate for the 14-year-old, and acting like it shouldn't be surprising is part of the problem.

It IS shocking, thankfully, and that's why it's been leading the news and has led to an outcry. Maybe to you it's business as usual...
    Ok, I'm going to sound cold but oh well. First off, I suppose I have seen things that don't surprise me. That is why I can't roll my eyes in disbelief hearing that a 14 year old was dancing in a strip club. If you are one of those types that have lived an ivory tower existence then I understand why you would be shocked. I know it is not right and I find it disgusting but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    Fake IDs are one of the reasons why dancers in Detroit are required to get a dance card from the police department. Passing a fake ID to a guy at a bar is one thing. Getting it passed a police officer who is trained to spot them, and who can cross reference your ID with records from the Secretary of State fairly easily, is another matter all together.
    I agree and that is why the dude is going to pay because he is used to seeing id cards and he should have judgment as to what is real and what is not.

Is there ANYTHING that an attorney will not say on behalf of his client ? ALA Kwame ? My gut churns on what I see.

"But Tim Murphy, an attorney for All Star, said he thinks Hutson's arrest is "just nuts," saying the girl "looks like what her ID looks like, 18 to 20."

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    No one called for a Chuck-e-Cheese up North to be shut down after it was the site of a shooting some years ago.
    Fights and shootings at Chuck E Cheese are pretty common. Do a web search of Chuck E Cheese fight or Chuck E Cheese shooting and you will see.

Shocking story, it makes me wonder a few things...
    1. How she got the job. Even if she looks of age wouldn't they ask for some ID?
    2. Why the mother didn't realize sooner that something was up, wouldn't you know where your 14-year-old is?

and 3. Why on earth a 14-year-old would want that job.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    Shocking story, it makes me wonder a few things...
    1. How she got the job. Even if she looks of age wouldn't they ask for some ID?
    2. Why the mother didn't realize sooner that something was up, wouldn't you know where your 14-year-old is?
    and 3. Why on earth a 14-year-old would want that job.
    1. She had fake credentials from what I read above. Maybe she looks older than she really is. It happens.
    2. Mom did a poor job of parenting, and her daughter did an outstanding job of hiding it from her. Two things working together that ceate a situation like this.
    3. Money.
    You should read these threads before you post. Sorry.

I did read it, I was just saying that reading the article made me wonder those things. Maybe you should read my post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast