Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default At.Pats Spring Festival 04/25/10

St.Patricks Spring Festival is tomorrow. 58 Parsons st.Detroit
    1-9pm.
    It's a greattime! Www.stpatsseniorcenter.com
    All Irish entertainment. Bagpipers.food, raffle,silent auction.
    Last edited by pgn421; April-24-10 at 02:49 PM.

typo past post. ST.PATRICKS 31ST SPRING IRISH FESTIVAL

The late John Cohen, owner of AAA Picture Frame on Cass Ave, was a regular at the St. Pat's festival. He dragged me along to a couple of them in which he seemed to know most of the people there. In case you didn't hear of his passing, it happened in March 2007. Anyone on this site remember John? If so, tip one for me at the festival. I can't make it.

See You There!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    The late John Cohen, owner of AAA Picture Frame on Cass Ave, was a regular at the St. Pat's festival. He dragged me along to a couple of them in which he seemed to know most of the people there. In case you didn't hear of his passing, it happened in March 2007. Anyone on this site remember John? If so, tip one for me at the festival. I can't make it.
    Oh no! I remember John, I have met him at St. Patrick's many times and also at other places around Downtown and Cass Corridor, we had a few mutual friends, etc. I'm so sorry to hear the news.

We called him John the Framer BTY, how was the festival? Too
    rainy for outside activity.

I had a super time there myself, of course we saw some old friends there. The lady that went with me specifically remarked that we didn't see John there this year, both of us missed the festival last year so we didn't know if he had been there or not. I called her this morning to let her know that he had passed away. We both thought a lot of him, he will be missed.

I think St. Patrick's did allright considering the cold rainy day. We hung out inside for the most part. We went outside twice, on our way out we heard a great band in the tent. It's always a great festival, one of Detroit's best events IMO.

I had a great time at the festival. Thank you St. Pat's you're always good for an Irish Festival. See you next year too!