Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kelsey Grammer To Launch New Conservative Cable Network

Kelsey Grammer, who starred in Frasier & Cheers and is currently producing the popular comedy/drama "The Game", in partnership with the Comcast Corporation [[who also now owns NBC), will be launching a new network specifically for the right-wing American audience this summer. However, it will be more so of a Conservative entertainment channel rather than a news channel, like Fox News.

YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RightNetwork

Website

http://www.rightnetwork.com/

Now what I would like to know is how far right will this network be in comparison to Fox News to make it appears more "Fair & Balanced"." Also, what are Murdoch's & Ailes' reaction to this, as in how will it impact their Cable News Network ratings. But most importantly, with Comcast's conneciton, how will this all impact NBC's liberal cable news arm, MSNBC...
    Last edited by 313WX; April-24-10 at 10:49 AM.

While I see that Comcast is collaborating on his sitcom, why does it follow that Comcast has any thing to do with his right wing, independently owned network?
    I see nothing her mentioning Comcast:
    RIGHTNETWORK, an independently-owned media company, launches on television, web and mobile in 2010. Our mission is clear: to entertain, engage, and enlighten Americans who are looking for content that reflects and reinforces their perspective and worldview. RIGHTNETWORK will consistently impact the political and cultural discussions of Americans.
    Accessible anywhere, anytime, from every device.

RIGHTNETWORK is an independently owned media company. RIGHTNETWORK original content will be available through television, web and mobile, in 2010.

Stosh Guest

That just reinforces the idea that he's always been, and will be, a pompous ass. He obviously just didn't act at all, just was himself.

And if Comcast is carrying this tripe, then I'm glad I'm not a subscriber to their cable service.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    While I see that Comcast is collaborating on his sitcom, why does it follow that Comcast has any thing to do with his right wing, independently owned network?
    I see nothing her mentioning Comcast:
    You're right.

While the company Comcast has no official investment in the channel, Ed Snider [[the CEO of Comcast-Spectator, Comcast's sports divison) will be the major owner of the network.

Grammer calls himself a centrist Republican here , but that was in 2003. He may have learned that to be a successful conservative today, you have to be straddling the razor's edge of sanity.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98169,00.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201004...s/ynews_ts1670
    "In addition to the Grammer promo clip, the RightNetwork site features trailers for three programs: "Poker and Politics," where entertainers and pundits talk politics around the table; "Running," a reality show about six congressional candidates; and "Right to Laugh," a comedy show that will probably have no shortage of jokes at President Obama's expense. .."

Oh, great. Comedy takes another step into the mire. Seems like conservatives tried this before during the W admin., and it just wasn't funny. But then it was hard to compete with W.

"And by right, he means right. For instance, conservative publisher Andrew Breitbart is one of the participants talking politics around the poker table in the trailer available on the site. "My entire business model is built upon how horrible a president Barack Obama is," he says, chuckling..."

“By now, Frasier lives in my subconscious,” Kelsey Grammer quote

Oh, great.

You mean Fox is a news channel??!

And furthermore; Comcast denies involvement in Rightnetwork.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-25-10 at 10:01 AM.

Blarf Guest

This guy's fall is still funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG94qxb7Uu8

If it's done intelligently and, more importantly, honestly, I'll watch it with an open mind.
    If it's more of the "let's make shit up, treat our viewers like dumbasses, and scare the mouth-breathing hillbillies until they're marching in the streets with pitchforks even though they have no idea why" tripe, then heaven help us.

Beyond his political views, hasn't this guy checked himself in and out of the Betty Ford Clinic more times than we care to count? Cocaine addiction, alcohol abuse, DUIs, and multiple failed marriages?

Is this really a guy I want on the air espousing a political view?

Please stick to Sideshow Bob.

That just reinforces the idea that he's always been, and will be, a pompous ass. He obviously just didn't act at all, just was himself.

And if Comcast is carrying this tripe, then I'm glad I'm not a subscriber to their cable service.
    Hate much?
    I am not a fan of his, but he has the right to do this if that's his dream,
    as long as he's not breaking any laws.

Anyway, didn't this guy get in trouble a few years back?
    Something about a mistress or underage girl or something?

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Hate much?

Hate much? No more or less than you do.

It'll probably go over as well as Dennis Miller did when he decided to "conservatize" his routine. Only Dennis Miller actually was funny once.

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Hate much? No more or less than you do.

It'll probably go over as well as Dennis Miller did when he decided to "conservatize" his routine. Only Dennis Miller actually was funny once.

he was? when was that?

So if Frasier fails then let him,
    then point at him and laugh when he's down

Papasito, it's not hate when we point out the stupid things you say.

What is it with these celebrities thinking people actually give a $h!t about their political views?

Papasito, it's not hate when we point out the stupid things you say.
    Why do you light your torch for me? What is your purpose of going after me? Your anti-Papasito comments are always poorly timed and badly planned. Most of your posts are angry in general or negative. Just wondering if you are ever happy?
    That just reinforces the idea that he's always been, and will be, a pompous ass.
    my response [["hate much") above, pertains to the quote above, if you take the time to read it, you will see he calls Kelsey Grammer a pompous ass, for whatever reasons he felt compelled to do so. I thought that my reply was fitting, as I have never called anyone a name on these forums, poster or otherwise. I just feel that if the guy wants to make a Conservative media outlet, this is the United States, he has the freedom to do it. If anyone else wants to make a Liberal or Liberitarian media outlet, they can do it, too. It's the beauty of freedom of the press and freedom of speech. If your hate for Mr. Grammer is because he's a Conservative & his political views differe from your own, then shame on you. But if your dislike for him is because of his behavior and personal life mismanagement and bad choices, then that's different.

Isn't liberalism about hippee love and everyone getting along, Orf?
    We should have a coke together and sing Koombayah

First FOX now the RIGHT NETWORK. Boy, those Republicans just don't quit. The power of money is on their side. This will be MUST SEE TV.

my response [["hate much") above, pertains to the quote above, if you take the time to read it, you will see he calls Kelsey Grammer a pompous ass, for whatever reasons he felt compelled to do so.
    perhaps because he IS a pompous ass? [[merely stating an opinion about someone isn't hating. especially when the guy comes off as nothing but a pompous ass)

first the Sarah Palin Network now this...what a world; what world....LOL...guess we will need more "oxegen" before this is all over...actually trading one addiction for another is about what Kelsey looks to do...will the Limbaugh hour be next on the radar...or the Beck report....ummmm is there a connection between these guys>

He's probably going to go bankrupt with this idea.
    Like I said, you can kick him when he's down after he falls on his face.

Hate much?
    Sure, anyone has a right to a dream, but why has Kelsey Grammar been picked to front this show/network? And where is the money coming from and what is their agenda?

If this is true, then the public have a right to know this. But how many news shows criticize conservatives? How many even mention the stupid things Mitch McConnell has said? And he's in Congress!

"We need to end the worst abuses on Wall Street without forcing the taxpayer to pick up the tab," McConnell said. "The way to solve this problem is to let the people who make the mistakes pay for them. We won't solve this problem until the biggest banks are allowed to fail."
    Strikingly, McConnell's words echo a memo that GOP pollster Frank Luntz wrote earlier this year on how to defeat the financial reform legislation.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...3/2266531.aspx

McConnell must get elected by a bunch of crackheads. AS crazy as Republicans are sounding, you might as well call them the Crackheadlicans.
    Last edited by maxx; May-02-10 at 10:14 AM.

maxx posts: "We need to end the worst abuses on Wall Street without forcing the taxpayer to pick up the tab," McConnell said. "The way to solve this problem is to let the people who make the mistakes pay for them. We won't solve this problem until the biggest banks are allowed to fail."
    Strikingly, McConnell's words echo a memo that GOP pollster Frank Luntz wrote earlier this year on how to defeat the financial reform legislation.
    Not very acquanted with Mitch McConnell but this statement seems more reasonable than bailing out elite bankers and pouring $14T of liquidity into the market in order to just kick the can a little further down the road. The failed banks would have been purchased by smaller more honest banks which had played by the rules for perhaps nickels on the dollar. That, to me, seems like a better idea than forcing taxpayers to make up the difference.

I came across an article, however, suggesting that not paying off the crooked bankers would have brought the system down. The author's point was that corruption is such a major part of the system that removing it would be fatal. As my wife put it, "It would be like when removing a cancer kills the patient".

"fraud is as American as baseball, apple pie and Chevrolet Volts—fraud’s all we got left, Doc. Scare off the fraud with Obama’s “scrutiny,” and the entire pyramid scheme collapses in a heap of smoldering savings accounts." "
    And that’s why this SEC suit accusing Goldman Sachs of fraud is really just a negotiating bluff to give Obama’s people some leverage—or it’s supposed to be, anyway—"
    “You don’t get it, Ames. Even Khuzami, the SEC guy in charge of the Goldman case, is a fraud; the fucker was Deutsche’s general counsel when they pulled the same CDO scam as Goldman. You have no idea how deep this goes.” "

"but all bubbles to eventually burst, all Ponzi schemes do collapse. The only question is when. For those of us not on the verge of retiring, the sooner we have this day of reckoning and get it over with, the better."

http://nypress.com/article-21163-fraudonomics.html

RE: The Wall St. bailout
    This is all I could find right now from Robert Reich. I heard him say on TV that the banks should go through the Fed's bankruptcy process, but I can't find an article that deals with the consequences of that.
    http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com..._should_do_to/