Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

The Dude Guest

Default For the best tasting ribs in southeastern Michigan....

... go down to Michigan Bar and Grill on Monroe St M-125 in Monroe. For $12.95 on Thursday evening you can have all the ribs that you can eat. You can get ribs any day of the week , also.

I loved Smokey Bones, but have to go to Toledo now for theirs. O'Tooles on Cass Lake Rd in Waterford has a dinner for 2 [[last I was there was $22.95) which holds a close second to Smokey Bones.

Sanders on Detroit smothered the ribs, small end and large end in a unique tangy sauce...I think the spots closed now...Texas barbecue on Fenkell is nice...Vickis Barbecue on West Warren is mmm mmmm soul food delicious...I know Ill probably get skewered [[no pun intended) for this, but if you want quatlity Italian food, generally speaking, doesn't it make sense to go to an Italian eatery? The Barbecuing of ribs has been perfected by soul food cuisinists....barrel and grill cooked ribs smothered in tangy sauce is mmm mmm mmmm.so this foody highly recommends a soul food restaurant deep in the D for b-cue....doesn't it make sense to give them a try?
    Last edited by terryh; April-25-10 at 05:20 PM.

Famous Dave's in Wixom is my #2, only topped by the Tunnel BBQ in Windsor. But since I don't have a passport an have no intention of ever getting one, looks like Tunnel is just something from my past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Famous Dave's in Wixom is my #2, only topped by the Tunnel BBQ in Windsor. But since I don't have a passport an have no intention of ever getting one, looks like Tunnel is just something from my past.
    Tunnel B-cue is still going strong..If I remember correctly there are a variety of sauces in squeeze botttles so diners cant taste varying flavors......

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    One of the main reasons I paid extra for the enhanced drivers license was so I could still go to Tunnel BBQ. Love all the sauces they have. Funny how they give you water in a glass thats not much bigger than a shot glass. Poor waitresses have to refill me about 30 times.