Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default More national media attention next week

As we know, Detroit is bait for a pack journalism feeding frenzy.

Next up: NPR's John Hockenberry + Celeste Headlee bring The Takeaway program here next week. Raccoon recipes unlikely, judging from this promo:
    And before then, we're asking, What do you love about Detroit? The headlines usually focus on what's going wrong in Detroit, but we want to hear what you like about the city. We're especially interested in hearing from Detroit listeners.
    You heard the hosts. Now let 'em hear from you here.

[Now realize we can take "
    broadcasting the show from Detroit" literally, thanks to MDoyle. Thanks!]
    Last edited by RealityCheck; April-23-10 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Deleted erroneous snark.

Wdet is in Detroit not wixom. Broadcast from midtown in University Tower on the campus of Wayne State University.

lilpup Guest

Regular NPR listeners in these parts should recognize Celeste Headlee's name - http://www.pri.org/celeste-headlee-bio.html

OK, I posted my positives with those folk. This city is not dead, I feel the amazing vibrations all around me. Lets see if they get a grip on the real Detroit that exists today!

Celeste already KNOWS about this city.

Let's see if she can school Hockenberry on this visit, I can barely believe he's actually here.

I just heard the promo, Celeste will be here, not Hockenberry. She used to work news at WDET so should be right at home.

Promo quote, Hockenberry talking: Next week, Celeste heads for Detroit...